SHEQ Administrator & Coordinator (HSEQ / Health and Safety / Mining / Drilling Equipment/ SHEQ / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: BBSF02-CM
Our client is a global mining drilling equipment manufacturing, supply & services company who require a SHEQ Administrator & Coordinator for their operations in South Africa. This person will be tasked with formulating the SHEQ strategy plan for the region, to compile a business plan based on this strategy to ensure implementation of the strategy in an efficient and effective manner.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ensure a robust system is in place to identify and manage risk.
- Business planning for SHEQ functions.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirement.
- Ensure effective investigation, tracking and close-out of incidents.
- Ensure adequate sustainability controls are in place.
- Ensure SHEQ programs are in place and effective, including:
- Risk management including management of change.
- Inductions and SHE is training.
- Management of incidents and closure thereof.
- Recruitment health check process
- Procedure development, implementation and continuous improvement.
- Occupational hygiene programs.
- Training needs analysis for SHEQ functions.
- Personal protective equipment standards and procedures.
- Analytical services and report writing.
- Auditing & inspections.
- Ensure internal and external Customer’s requirements are met and where practicable exceeded.
- Ensure effective document control system in place.
- Implementation of continuous improvement projects
- To formulate a SHEQ strategy for the company & compile a business plan based on this strategy & implementation.
- To formulate objectives in terms of ISO 9001 & ISO 45000 and to ensure plans are in place to obtain accreditation.
- To ensure all applicable documents comply with legislation and completed on time.
- To ensure all employees are competent (in terms of skills, knowledge, attitude and experience) to execute tasks according to set standards.
- Ensure the SHEQ department keeps all clients (both internal and external) satisfied by adhering strictly to all agreements / contracts and by addressing concerns in a timeous manner.
- To create and sustain a high-performance culture by implementing the high-performance culture strategy.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Relevant Qualification in in the SHEQ field
- Driver’s License (Mandatory)
- 8 to 10 years relevant SHEQ Experience (Mandatory)
- Computer Literacy (Mandatory)
- National Legislations and regulations; SHEQ theories, processes and practices; Environmental Rehabilitation (Essential & Minimum)
- ISO45000, ISO9001 Management Systems. (Essential and Minimum)
- Permanent role
- Valid Passport Required