Our client a Microfinance organization is currently looking to recruit a Chief Financial Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya, reporting to the Managing Director. The incumbent will be responsible for effective financial management, reporting and actively contribute towards the financial planning and strategic growth of the business as a member of the executive management team and maintain appropriately relationships internally and externally.
- Actively contribute to the strategic management of the company towards financial planning and strategic growth of the organisation which includes but not limited to:
- Preparation of long-term and medium-term strategy.
- Preparation and execution of annual budgets and forecast by units and companywide.
- To lead the financial aspects of any strategic projects aimed at achieving growth.
- Responsible for preparing detailed monthly variance analysis of budget.
- Responsible for safekeeping of all company assets including all but not limited to invoices and expense authorisations, fixed assets, stationery, cheque books and petty cash vouchers, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing / authorising all necessary payments within the business to meet all obligations when they fall due, including day to day operational payments for disbursements and refunds.
- Monitor and control the quality and cost effectiveness of services provided to the company to ensure value for money for the company.
- Responsible for all taxes including income tax, withholding tax, provisional tax, levies and PAYE tax submission being on time, accurate and safely kept.
- Responsible for overseeing reporting to the Group on a monthly basis including cashbooks, salaries, provisions and accruals, prepaid expenses, petty cashes and staff loans.
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the Finance and Administration Department.
- Responsible for all regulatory requirements and returns.
- Responsible for keeping accurate accounting records which appropriately reflect the company’s operations in line with accounting principles and IFRS.
- Responsible for the business funding/cash flow requirements and the associated hedging as the needs arise and in line with policy. This includes the timely reporting of treasury related matters (such as external confirmations to funders, interest statements, covenants, and ad-hoc requests etc.)
- Responsible for external and internal audit (including the annual financial statements and annual returns) and the respective relationships.
- Responsible for presentation of accurate and timely management reports to the Group Finance Committee and Kenya Exco, ALCO, Board Audit and Risk Committee of the Board as well as the Board of Directors.
- Chairperson of the Kenya Finance & Procurement Committee ensuring all executives and senior staff are adequately informed of all finance matters, financial performance of the Company and cost analysis in order for them to make informed and accurate business decisions.
- Responsible for ensuring excellent investor relationships at the company’s banks and funders, regulators, auditors and other stakeholders always.
- To lead on staffing/Human resources aspects of the company, ensuring the safeguarding of staff and company confidentiality as the company continues to grow.
- Responsible for monitoring and mentoring all managers, officers reporting to the CFO throughout the country and ensuring adequate internal controls are kept at all times within the branches and head office.
- Responsible for any other duties that the Managing Director or the Board of Directors may assign from time to time.
- Will Deputize the Managing Director whenever called upon.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Board packs
- Finance Exco (group and in country)
- Pack for in country exco meetings
- Qualified Accountant
- Post Graduate Degree is essential (majoring in Accounting an advantage)
- 5 years executive management experience in a substantial finance business in Kenya is essential.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’ and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.