Reference Number: 6 GS
Our client, a multinational O&G client, is seeking an experienced Legal Counsel to manage their legal department in Sudan.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Overall responsibility for the proper functioning of the legal department as well as managing and leading the legal department team
- Provide expert legal advice to the Company’s management on all areas of the Company's business
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate legal risks
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage a wide range of agreements, including but not limited to commercial agreements (retail, distribution, supply, aviation and industry sales, procurement services, etc.) lands acquisition and lease contracts, amicable protocols, various partnership and JV agreements and innominate contracts.
- Ensure company compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop, draft and/or review internal policies and other legal documents to ensure the Company’s full legal rights.
- Report information timely and accurately to the Group Legal Coordinators in a predetermined periodic manner or as required from time to time.
- Initiate and if necessary, pursue legal proceedings as required by the Company.
- Prepare writs, defenses, submissions and other pleadings in cases both for and against the Company.
- Review, advise and follow-up matters including ongoing legal cases, directed to external counsels and advice the Company management and/or Group accordingly.
- Ensure perfect filing and safe keeping of Company’s corporate data and other key documents (titles deeds, lease contracts, licensing, registers, etc.)
- Deal with external parties, including but not limited to external counsel, auditors, partners, suppliers, clients and public authorities.
- Provide training to the Company management and staff on implemented Company’s policies and fundamental legal topics.
- Monitor judgment notifications, summons, receipt of notice, assignments, demands.
- Carry out Company secretary’s duties including prepare, in compliance with regulatory, statutory and internal requirements, all required documents to the governing bodies for the Board and Shareholders meetings or otherwise and have them endorsed by the appropriate corporate support functions in the Group.
- Perform and complete legal formalities including but not limited to minutes of statutory meetings, publication, updating the trade register.
- Verifying of legal-related invoices, fees, and payment obligations.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Master or Post-graduate degree of Law from a reputable university
- Minimum of 5 years post call experience acquired from a well-established law firm or private company with an international presence.
- Sound knowledge of the laws of Sudan, courts, procedures, and practice
- Legal drafting
- Bilingual (Arabic & English)
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.camining.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Consultant - Francophone Africa
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions