Reference Number: 003 2603 SV
Our client, a mining company, is looking for an Oil Lab Technician to join their team in the DRC. They will be managing all samples on the site which will include all mobile fleets, infrastructure assets and plant equipment.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Maintaining, calibrating, and cleaning of oil analysis equipment to ensure accurate and reputable results are obtained.
- Monitor, collection and labelling of oil and grease samples.
- Analyze oil samples as per scheduled sampling intervals by OEM/maintenance planning team.
- Maintain records of oil analysis reports/data.
- Maintain the TruVu 360 oil analysis program, by loading new assets, components, and locations.
- Give feedback and reports to maintenance planning team to review and make maintenance discussion according to component/oil condition.
- Assist with preparing action notes and reports.
- Plan and ensure that the necessary laboratory consumables are in stock for the laboratory to remain in full working capacity.
- Assist with the implementation of oil analysis/condition monitoring program.
- Assist with the improvement of oil handling systems (oil dispensing/filtration/breathers/storing)
- Guide/training mechanics on best oil sampling and oil dispensing practices.
- Record feedback from mechanics on corrective action taken.
- Record daily oil consumption per unit/component to achieve cost savings.
- Identify problems in lube systems, leaks, change in lube condition etc.
- Record failure analysis.
- Assist maintenance planning team with component condition trend graphs.
- Perform other activities directed by the manager.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Grade 12 or high school certificate
- Advanced certificate in Mechanical Engineering or related
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Office 365)
- Strong understanding of database management
- Must be able to read and interpret technical documents (OEM Maintenance plans, Blueprints, Advanced Lubrication Technology instruction and recommendations, Software system instructions)
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong understanding in lubrication concepts
- Have a strong fundamental understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and circulating systems operation, contamination control and maintenance functions.
- Expat Position
- FIFO (Roster to be confirmed)
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.