Vice President - Exploration (Precious Metals / Gold / JORC / Geology/ Competent Person) – Middle East
: 89 2903 RR
Our client is seeking an experienced exploration professional to lead and take accountability all mineral exploration related activities. The position provides the strategic leadership to the company’s Exploration business with the responsibility to explore, discover, evaluate and make technical recommendations to the senior executive on the commercial exploitation of the countries metallic and non-metallic mineral resources to both sustain and provide growth options for the company business units. Responsible for; Exploration Strategy and Safety, Exploration Planning, Exploration Leadership, Exploration Reporting, Exploration Project Generation, Exploration Management, Mineral Resource Estimation and Resources and Reserves Committee, Management Committee Membership
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Set the highest standard of Division and personal compliance with safety procedures as a role model for the Exploration Team and rest of company
- Ensure the safe operation of all exploration operations in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, safety policy and procedures, and Exploration specific procedures
- Monitor and report on Exploration team safety performance and leading and lagging indicators
- Work to improve the Exploration safety performance and procedures on a continuing basis to meet the Exploration goal of zero harm.
- Develop and maintain contingency plans and emergency response planning to meet identified potential risks/threats
- Develop and implement an effective strategy for the exploration of mineral resources in the Kingdom.
- This strategy is focused on three main areas
- greenfield exploration for metallurgical bauxite, phosphate, gold, base metals and other minerals on existing exploration licenses within the Middle East
- exploring for new near mine resources in mining licenses for existing or dormant production locations in bauxite, phosphate, gold, base metals
- identification of new targets and acquisition of exploration licenses on prospective areas for the targeted minerals outside the company’s exploration licenses in the Middle East
- Develop, promote and execute the company’s exploration strategy as approved by the Board of Directors, President and CEO, senior management team.
- Provide progress reports to the Board of Directors, President and CEO, and senior management team.
- Plan and manage exploration target generation, reconnaissance, targeting, testing, evaluation and ranking the mineral resources and opportunities inside and outside the company’s exploration licenses.
- Monitor and manage compliance with the annual exploration plan and budget while ensuring flexible response to changing exploration results and requirements.
- Ensure all exploration technical and operational activities comply with industry best practice.
- Ensure exploration data quality meets JORC Code 2012 requirements for Exploration results and of the Competent Person for the public reporting of Mineral Resources.
- Oversee and ensure industry best practice in data collection, data and information management, interpretation, processing, quality control quality assurance (QAQC) and analysis of the results of drilling and other geological and geotechnical activities.
- Approve exploration projects, review economic assessments and make presentations to the Board on exploration business pan and projects as required.
- Comply with the company’s Stage Gate Governance Manual at applicable exploration project stage gates.
- Develop and manage systems for measuring and reporting exploration operational performance against annual performance and targets and longer-term exploration success measures
- Provide exploration and mine geological expertise in the independent peer review of mining feasibility studies, mine production reconciliation and operational management review for open-pit and underground operations.
- Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements governing exploration activities and report to the Board of Directors, President and CEO and senior management team on compliance
- Develop, implement and manage exploration technical and operational procedures and standards for the Exploration team meeting industry best practice.
- Continuously update expertise – including knowledge of international trends, developments and new technologies – to ensure that the company benefits by the most effective and appropriate exploration practices and solutions.
- Identify and assess economic viability of prospects supported as needed by the project development teams in the business units and Corporate
- Maintain a database of the known mineral occurrences and exploration licenses in the country using company databases and personnel, Deputy Ministry of Mineral Resources, Geological Survey, and other sources of exploration information on the basis of the strategy approved by the management.
- Develop conceptual exploration models for the potential mineral deposit types occurring in Middle East to guide exploration target area selection and exploration
- Identify new targets and areas for acquisition of exploration licenses on prospective areas for the targeted minerals outside the company’s exploration licenses in the Middle East
- Identify joint venture or merger and acquisition opportunities in exploration properties and/or companies and conduct technical due diligence support in these activities as needed
- Submit regular reports on activities to the Board of Directors, President and senior management team.
- Review and edit exploration reports developed by subordinates for submission to executive and DMMR.
- Implement a technical review and appraisal process to ensure continuous improvement of technical, operational and safety standards.
- B.Sc. in Geology or equivalent is essential; Advanced degree in geology preferred. A degree in a related commercial discipline desirable
- Over 25 years’ experience in mineral exploration, resource development and mining geology, including 10 years in a senior executive position in a major to mid-sized resources company
- International experience across multiple commodities is required with a track record of discovery.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
- Experience in formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources
- Extensive knowledge of the project development process, the stages of evaluation and the necessary interfaces that exploration has with the evaluation process
- Fluent in English
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.