Specialist Engineer SIB (Mining / Processing / Capital Management/ Portfolio / Analytical) – Johannesburg, South Africa
: 90 3103 RR
Our client, a global leading precious metal miner, has the need for a Senior Specialist Engineer to join their team and provide support to the Vice President (VP): Projects & SIB Capital in leading the Africa Capital Management Process.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Maintain effective working relations on a continuous basis with internal stakeholders (capital review committee, B&TD, project managers / directors, finance & procurement) considering the application of enabling processes to optimize the stay in business capital management process in the African Region
- Maintain the Capital “module” within the TM1 financial system
- Train all capital coordinators in the effective use of the Capital “module” within TM1
- Provide technical specialist support, as required, with regards to the formulation of action plans in mitigation of stay in business capital project risks to the business in the context of the Company’s strategy
- Consolidating all capital allocation for review of portfolio by the Capital Review Committee (CRC) and the Capital Investment Committee
- Compile and produce reports for the management of capital within the Africa Region
- Ensure that all capital allocation is recorded and report on project variance analysis for internal decision making by Project Steering Committees and Project Managers/Directors.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- A degree qualification in mining, Engineering, Metallurgy, Geology or other related discipline
- Sound understanding of components and key drivers of the mining value chain
- At least 8 years relevant, successful senior management experience in the mining industry
- Contribute to strategic and analytic thinking
- Demonstrated capacity to make sound short-term tactical decisions – quickly assembling and interpreting data to successfully action priorities
- Ability to travel abroad to the various mine sites.
- Well-developed industry networks (Desirable)
- Strong track record in Capital Management (Desirable)
- Experience with TM1 IBM COGNOS systems and spreadsheet databases. (Desirable)
- Working experience with SAP Project Systems and capital management (Desirable)
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive annual package
- Annual incentives
- Some International travel
- Global exposure
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.