My Client, an international manufacturer, are in the process of recruiting a Compounder – Staff Engineer to be based at their Uitenhage office.
Reporting to the Technical Team Leader, responsibilities of the position include:
Qualifications and Experience include:
- Update Book sheets in SAP, make-up and issue mixing cards and update recipe’s in MASDA/CMS and PLC system in Mixing Dept
- Introduce new compound formulations and mixing, ensure compound release is within required physical properties and on time for new product release.
- Knowledge on SILICA compound mixing methods and expertise to improve overall compound consistency.
- Monitor and maintain compound physical properties to target for assigned compounds.
- Oversee Compound Testing laboratory; maintain Compound release and low frequency testing limits in Auto Release System (As per SAP PPS limits).
- Control & Management of milling waste & slow-moving reduction.
- Capability Studies for Mixing (Incl. MSA) & Laboratory Dept, result interpretation and lead capability improvement actions.
- Mixing Department – General knowledge of equipment and associated delivery systems.
- Ability to investigate, understand and analyse the interaction between raw materials / compounds and equipment.
- Understand & control compounding and mixing process influences on downstream processes and products.
- Knowledge of work-away limits and ability to apply them.
- Ensure that all PPQ requirements are met in Laboratory and Mixing Dept. for areas of responsibilities.
- Monitor and control raw materials not listed in MIS by doing monthly checks and sign off on certificate of analysis in raw material stores.
- B.SC Degree in Organic Chemistry or Equivalent, with min. 3-year experience in the rubber industry, especially compound mixing
- Personal accountability, decisive and result driven team player able to communicate at all levels.
- Innovative, flexible self-starter with ability to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Strongly analytical and numerical skills.
- Set and apply high levels of safety, housekeeping, and waste levels.
- Ability to work long hours. (Weekend duty & after hours when required)
- Computer literacy essential – Microsoft office suite essential.