An established microfinance client with a presence across Africa is currently seeking a highly experienced individual for a Head of Credit Risk position at their Johannesburg offices. This position will report directly to the CEO and requires someone with no less than 10 years’ relevant experience and a background in legal coupled with a strong understanding of collections.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Maintaining awareness of regional and international risks that might impact the overall payment and collections performance and taking appropriate action to prevent this
- Assisting the senior management team and board of directors to ensure compliance to applicable legislation in all countries of trade
- Implementing the credit risk and collections strategy as determined by the board of directors.
- Interpreting collections information and trends and making recommendations
- Be the custodian of all policies and procedures relating to credit granting, collections and general business conduct to ensure compliance to the legislation and corporate governance
- Source, contract and supervise all collection, trace and legal partners to ensure efficient external collections.
- Assist with the design and development of the collections and reporting utilities of the ILS debtors’ management system, aimed at extracting maximum value from same
- Periodically review the credit policy in each country to ensure that same remains relevant to the risks and market conditions prevalent in each country
- A relevant tertiary qualification such as a BCom or BCom Law
- No less than 10 years of relevant experience in similar roles
- Previous experience within Financial Services is essential
- Previous collections experience is essential, and the successful candidate must have worked in a collections department previously
- Legal background with an understanding of the legal side of collections (does not need to be an admitted attorney)
- In depth knowledge and understanding regarding compliance
- Experience in dealing with African markets will be advantageous
- Travel will be required from time to time
If you wish to apply for the position directly, please send your CV
to Lise Kotze
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only
. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful, however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.