Our client a Microfinance organization is currently looking to recruit an Experienced Operations Executive Manager (COO) in Nairobi, Kenya. The COO will report to the Country Managing Director. The incumbent will lead the daily operational activities, achieve monthly business targets as well as develop the relationship with clients, taking responsibility for the development of Strategic Action plans.
Creating growth with clients through better products and channels, Customer experience, regular accurate reporting, monthly face-to-face meetings, and Ad Hoc interactions optimizing Sales profit, ensuring compliance to legal and contractual obligations (SLA's), System integration effectiveness with the goal to maximize Profit.
- Responsible for planning and implementing operational strategies, plans and procedures.
- Responsible for setting comprehensive goals and targets for products and channels under his / her control and to ensure growth and success.
- Responsible for the maintenance and proper functioning of all product processed, training and systems.
- Responsible for serving as the custodian of operational policies and procedures of the business; Ensure that the policies are up to date, well communicated, enforced and to advise on changes to enhance the business risk.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate operational controls for all products and channels.
- Responsible for ensuring a well-functioning branch network as well as all channels of operations which includes but not limited to:
- Having oversight responsibility over the general operations.
- Identify and propose new footprint opportunities and markets to the Exco to maximize sales.
- Ensure adequate training of staff and independent agents, where applicable in various facets of the business.
- Implement new sales strategies in the branch network as well as the call center and secured lending to improve overall sales performance.
- Reporting to the Exco on the status of all branches, channels, and the call center.
- Responsible for actively contributing towards the preparation of the annual budget of the company.
- Responsible for preparing detailed monthly analysis of variances of the sales budgets of all products and branches.
- Responsible for ensuring a well-functioning secured lending book finance business, more specifically:
- Having oversight responsibility over the products.
- To grow the secured products to be a major contributor to the company’s bottom line.
- To drive sales and ascertain various ways of maintaining sustained sales performance.
- To bring on board innovative new business products to improve and increase shareholder wealth.
- Custodian of the new business processes and procedures and to ensure training and adherence.
- Responsible for product and overall business development in line with our DNA and overall strategy to reduce turnaround time, improve client focus and service, be best in class at what we do.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate staff structures and best employees for operations.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate remuneration structures to drive performance in accordance with Group.
- Responsible for managing all risk related to products and channels under his / her control.
- Responsible for providing support for and driving all marketing activities of the company to maximize sales.
- Responsible for supporting the operational managers to manage all customer related queries and complaints; This would include exco and board level reporting on complaints management.
- Responsible for communicating company performance to all staff on a regular basis.
- Responsible for safeguarding all company assets, intellectual property and reputation.
- Responsible for any other duties that the Exco, Group or the Board of Directors may assign from time to time.
Products, Channels, distribution, and growth in New business
Technology & systems.
Client relationship management and service excellence
Operations and Risk management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Post Graduate Degree is essential
- 5 years executive management experience in a substantial finance business in Kenya is essential