Reference Number: RSBLKWB001
A Globally – renown, Financial institution based out of Washington is currently seeking an experience Treasury & Investments professional at Senior Manager to Director level to fill the role of Senior Financial Officer – Treasury Asset and Liability Operations. This individual will be responsible for leading a team of staff to support operations for a varied, innovative, complex, and growing funding program & investments portfolio. She/he will spearhead cross-cutting projects and initiatives, working closely with the trading desk and partners across Treasury, Legal, Risk, Accounting, and IT. She/he will also manage relationships with market counter parts, custodians, agents, and technology vendors.
- Serve as the team lead for the team working with offshore leads to supervise a team co-located in Washington D.C. and will be responsible for a range of functions and activities. These include trade capture and review, settlement, documentation, portfolio servicing, and reporting, as well as, calculation and reconciliation of investment cash and liquidity levels, portfolio servicing, tax management, reporting, and collateral management.
- Oversee the work program and deliverables of the team, with overall responsibility for the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of the team’s work product.
- Lead the team’s representation, participation and input in projects and initiatives that involve the functional areas and products that the team supports.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues internally (including the trade execution desk and colleagues across TREOP and the institution), as well as with external clients, market counter parts, agents, custodians, and Futures Commission Merchants (FCMs). Collaborate across internal and external organizational boundaries in finding solutions and delivering results.
- Foster and role-model behavior that cultivates a strong team culture of collaboration, teamwork, knowledge sharing, open communication, innovation, and drive for results.
- Work together with the other team leads to provide regular updates to the TREAL manager on emerging business trends, client needs, client feedback, operational issues, staff members’ concerns, and other significant team related matters and activities.
- Support the TREAL Manager in helping set performance expectations for the team and provide feedback to the manager on staff members’ performance and talent reviews.
- Ensure regular, systematic, and transparent communication with the TREAL Manager, team members, and TREOP management team and colleagues on emerging business and operational concerns, upcoming projects, as well as ongoing initiatives and significant day-to-day operational issues.
- Help develop staff members’ career by providing timely feedback and coaching on skills, competencies and/or experience gaps. Identify and communicate such gaps to staff members.
- Engage with staff to design and execute an appropriate and effective professional development plan for each team member.
- Mentor, coach and develop team members and enable staff to maximize their skills and competencies towards delivering on the team’s work program and in growing their long-term careers.
- Effectively prioritize and delegate work assignments within the team.
- Prepare and coordinate responses to client queries and concerns and provide programmatic and ad-hoc technical assistance.
- Proactively advise and consult with the institution stakeholders to address emerging concerns and ongoing operational issues.
- Develop and implement solutions that help create positive experiences and interactions with the team’s clients and counterparts.
- Conduct proactive and sustained outreach to clients, key business partners, and other institution teams to keep abreast of emerging industry trends and institution initiatives that will impact the team’s functions and client service.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Apply subject matter expertise and business knowledge over the team’s core functions and activities to provide sound advice and recommendations to the TREAL manager, team members, the trading desk, and other stakeholders.
- Play a lead role in the development and implementation plans for new funding/investment products.
- Apply expertise, knowledge, and experience to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the team’s people, systems, and processes.
- Apply technical expertise and experience to evaluate the short- and long-term implications of emerging industry trends and technology and Bank wide projects and initiatives over the team’s functions and activities.
- Ensure the consistent interpretation and application of internal risk & controls framework requirements across the team’s processes and work program.
- Work with team members, institution colleagues and external partners to introduce, develop and implement process improvements and best practices in the team’s daily operations and work program.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Management, or related field (Computer Science / Information Systems, Finance, Mathematics) with 8 plus years of relevant experience in the financial services industry, preferably with middle and back-office operations; or bachelor’s degree in Finance, Management, or related field with extensive (10 years plus) directly related business experience. Business-related certifications are a plus (CFA, CPA, CA, CTP or equivalent).
- Excellent knowledge of and familiarity with treasury business lines and operational functions, including funding and investment management operations, collateral management, and cash management.
- Deep understanding of financial instruments including bonds, MBS, swaps, repos, deposits, and futures and options.
- Proficiency with one or more treasury IT systems (e.g. Bloomberg AIM, Summit, Murex, etc.) is preferable.
- At least three years of successful team or project leadership and supervisory experience.
- Experience working with clients, and strong relationships with market counter parts, custodians, FCMs, and technology vendors.
- Ability to deliver technical and team leadership and to exercise sound judgment in a large and complex multinational setting.
- Ability to streamline processes and carry out critical control procedures to a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to supervise an offshore team and be familiar with the benefits as well as challenges associated with running a team of staff located in separate time zones (US, India, and Bulgaria).
- Experience in delivering high quality services within a client-focused environment.
- Experience in managing and implementing change in a fast-moving industry that requires the team to improve continuously.
- A sound understanding of industry practices and current developments in capital markets and asset management operations.
- Possess the professional stature to lead technically strong teams, and to interact directly with external counterparts and internal colleagues including legal, accounting, valuation, risk, and technology teams.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills, including the capacity to communicate and discuss complex technical issues in simple terms both verbally and in writing.
- A very high degree of self-motivation and drive to high performance, while instilling a culture of fun and care in the workplace.
- Having the highest ethical standards.
- 3-year contract, with the potential for renewal.
- Individuals of all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.