Specialist Underground Mine Modernization (Mining / Mine Management Systems / Automation Technology) – South Africa
93 1404 RR
To provide technical solutions and support based on strategic and operational analysis of opportunities across the Group’s portfolio. Delivery of RDP and integrated LOAP through engagement with commodity and technical discipline stakeholders. Continuous mine modernisation through implementation of new technologies and utilisation of software systems.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ensure that safety is a priority in all work and ensure compliance with drilling standards.
- Identify and escalate risks that might affect safety, health or environment outcomes.
- Participate in relevant safety audits, inspections and observations, and address any issues.
- Support local implementation of underground technology systems
- Execution leader, influencing technology and innovation to develop cutting edge capabilities in underground operational practice.
- Analyse operational data to highlight opportunities and make recommendations.
- Identify and develop best practice procedures for steady-state operation of Mine Operation Management systems (Optimine, Mobilaris, Deswik Ops, etc.)
- Support the process of consultation with Group operations and relevant disciplines in T&S on best practice, optimisation and appropriate execution of technology systems
- Liaise with site operations to support installation of hardware; fibre optic backbone, AP, control room, etc.
- Integration management of operational systems with IM infrastructure
- Foster awareness of environmental and social sustainability within team and consider full impact of decisions.
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with the Group’s values, standards and a professional workplace
- Develop your performance in line with the Group’s policies and systems in order to achieve business goals.
- Participate as an effective team member in working collaboratively with your leader, peers and relevant others (including from other teams) to achieve business goals
- Manage relationships with Business Units and external stakeholders to ensure effective alignment and facilitate relevant training and development, as necessary.
- Develop and maintain systems, processes and procedures which apply to your work and operate within these requirements
- Identify any issues around these that interfere with your ability to complete work or meet the plan
- Escalate issues to seek action and / or look for alternative solutions
Benefits and Contractual information:
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (such as Mine, Civil or Mechanical Engineering).
- Proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity.
- Track record of leading ideas generation; translating these into practical initiatives to be implemented and demonstration of successful execution and delivery.
- A demonstrated thought leader and considered an accomplished practitioner in the understanding and application of the Mine Engineering discipline.
- Implementation of automated technology and systems.
- Demonstrated project management capability through successful implementation.
- Risk management techniques and critical controls
- Leadership tools for implementing a culture of purpose–led high performance and change
- English language skills - written and spoken.
- Ability to speak additional languages is desirable.
- Domestic and regional travel will be required.
- International travel may be required.
- Work on site at operations will be required. This may involve activities of a physical nature in a typical mine environment (for example noise, vibration, heat, small spaces, reduced visibility).
- Working at high altitude may be required.
- Competitive Annual Package
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Opportunity to join a global leading and diversified mining company
- International travel to remote locations
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.