My client, an international market leader in the manufacturing industry are in the process of recruiting for a Sales, Operations and Pricing Manager to join their dynamic team, based in Uitenhage.
Primary purpose of the role:
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Business development: Assist Sales team to sell targeted volumes and GP through proactive opportunity management & risk mitigation activities with focus on volume, mix, and price.
- Business optimization: Deliver growth objectives through strong support in channel trend analysis, channel strategy definition & execution. Facilitate and support Country's Sales management in the design and execution phase of overall 'go-to-market' Channel Strategy and Value Proposition with focus on maximizing sustainable profitability.
- Pricing/Revenue Management: Oversee the implementation and control of pricing policies and structures in line with company's strategy, market competitiveness and profitability targets. Governance via reporting and price analysis.
- Operational Excellence: Be the driver of 'cross-functional excellence in execution': breaking silos with promoting ONE TEAM mindset while representing a voice of the customer towards the rest of the organization and vice versa. Manage a team of pricing & sales operations specialists. Continuous alignment with other functions like Supply Chain and Finance.
- Business planning: Support a realistic demand forecast creation by providing solid & fact-based sales assumptions, constructively challenging received inputs. Capture market-back demand signal through customer facing organization as an input to Demand Planning in scope of S&OP and AOP cycles. Strategic planning for 5-year horizon.
Experience and Education:
- Detect opportunities & risks through interaction with the business & through analysis of data. Coordinate cross-functional mitigation actions (marketing campaigns, pricing, sales incentives) to secure the opportunities.
- Ensure proper Accounts Business Plan creation & monitoring and ensure that value proposition is aligned with channel strategy.
- Capture market-back/customer demand signal in terms of an aggregated macro number & mix. Challenge assumptions based on market data, Sales feedback & analytics. Deliver the market-back assumptions to the DP team. Give final recommendation on the demand forecast while facilitating the local consensus Sign-Off. Develop and capture 5-year plans by geography.
- Accountable for support of the sales force and PBU management via reporting and analysis. Make recommendations resulting from reporting, analysis and interpretation of key customer/sales data. Provide recommendations from the data analysis to deliver sustainable profitable growth.
- Accountable to implement pricing policies, procedures and structures. Manage Pricing Analysts to analyse & develop market pricing information for own brands and competitors in Sell In and Sell Out . Based on this information & managerial agreement, take pricing actions for maintain own brands competitiveness in the market. Pricing governance: review that our processes are compliant with both internal and external policies.
- Proven cross-functional experience in preferably Sales, Sales Ops or Marketing, Finance, Supply chain.
- Strong business acumen based on analytics
- A minimum of 3-5 years and ensuring related actual experience in a Sales & Ops function
- Experience with EDW/BI tools or other Database systems. SAP knowledge is a plus.
- University Degree in Economics, Business or related fields