Regional Plant Manager (Contract Mining/ Earthmoving / Mobile Plant /Maintenance) – Northern Cape
94 1504 RR
The incumbent will be responsible to plan, direct, coordinate and manage the Earthmoving Equipment Function across multiple organizational sites on a day-to-day basis. Planning the use of materials, equipment and resources, implement management systems and processes to ensure an effective maintenance function. Ensure adequate controls, drive efficiencies and cost optimization as well as the human resources aspect required within the Function. Manage the execution of the required work according to production plans, project schedules and contractual agreements. Ensure technical excellence and effective coordination of activities within the Function between sites and the clients. This position will have a number of Plant Managers reporting into it and will therefore require effective people management, coordination and planning skills.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ensure the implementation of an effective Plant Maintenance Management strategy to drive operational excellence.
- Develop and monitor key equipment initiatives and drive key input and output performance indicators that drive equipment performance.
- Assist with business growth objectives.
- Drive the optimal utilisation of equipment at the operations and optimization of the company’s fleet of equipment as a whole.
- Facilitate a Continuous Improvement process within the various engineering teams across operations.
- Provide leadership to ensure operational efficiency and quality standards are met in terms of all equipment maintenance activities.
- Ensure that all levels of Earthmoving Plant Fleet inspections are executed accurately and as per schedule
- Ensure operating sites meet the required housekeeping, safety and environmental standards.
- Excellent site Workshop housekeeping & tool control
- Responsible for effective implementation and management of all relevant people management processes.
- Plan and develop talent and skills pipeline for future skill requirements.
- Responsible for implementation and management of all policies and procedures pertaining to Open Cut Equipment.
- In conjunction with the Engineering Executive, set and measure the required availability and reliability parameters of the Equipment. (Monitor and ensure that set MTBF & MTTR equipment targets are achieved).
- Ensure the integrity of data input for Maintenance Systems.
- Interact regularly with Contracts Managers and Production Managers to ensure production targets are met.
- Ensure effective teamwork between Engineering and Production management.
- Proactively identify remedial action required, taking trends and data into account to optimize equipment performance and forecasting of components.
- Where appropriate introduce systems and processes to improve equipment performance.
- Development and review of Earthmoving Equipment Budgets for each project.
- Ensure that budgets are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure robust cost control and cashflow management for Engineering across all sites.
- Excellent Logistical management; all machines and/or parts in transit are well documented and tracked daily; ensure arrival on site as planned.
- Effective and accurate Plant Administration & Stores and Stock Control at all projects. Procurement processes are affected in line with Company policy and procedures.
- Focus on improvement in equipment Availability and Reliability.
- Liaise with Supply chain to optimize Strategic Components and Critical Parts Sourcing and control
- Engage with OEMs on a regular basis to build partnerships that support the business unit objectives
- Manage warranty claims and component failure investigations.
- Component failure analysis, oil sampling and change-outs are timeously and properly executed.
- Ensure adherence to the company SHEQ policies and procedures and to the Risk Framework within Department. Promote a strong safety culture, monitor and improve Earthmoving Plant Safety incident trends.
- Leverage off the strengths of other team members to ensure company meets its objectives and where required hold fellow team members accountable for their outputs.
- As a leader in the business unit, instill and live the company values and purpose both internally with employees and externally with all stakeholders.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- National Higher Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Government Certificate of Competency (Mines and Works) preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in a Senior Management Technical role in an open pit mining environment.
- Experience in supplier management, component management, quality control, life cycle costing, maintenance strategies, condition monitoring and maintenance information systems.
- Experience in a Contract Mining environment will be an added advantage.
- Must have a clean criminal record and valid Drivers’ license.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of heavy earthmoving equipment
- Excellent knowledge of Maintenance systems and processes
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive Annual Package
- Annual production incentives