Our banking client is currently recruiting a Senior level individual for their Fund Management division. The incumbent will be required to play a key role in the institutional building of the Fund Management by working closely with the CEO. This role covers strategy formulation, development of marketing materials and execution of various fund-raising strategies, aimed at getting the fund management off the ground. As such, the incumbent must possess deep investment, fundraising and project management skills and experience. The incumbent will also be required to demonstrate a deep understanding of asset management and investment track record to support the business successful entry into asset management, including mobilising the first money of the initial offering of the fund management.
Strategy Formulation & Execution
- Support Senior Director and CEO in the formulation and execution of fund raising strategies for the Fund Management
- Develop and execute business development strategy in partnership with the Investment Team.
- Develop and execute company branding strategy to aid market visibility in alignment with overall branding strategy.
- Identify potential clients and investors for third-party capital raising including but not limited to sovereign wealth funds, private sector players, pension funds and regional development finance institutions and other relevant institutional investors interested in deepening their exposure to Africa’s growing infrastructure opportunities.
- Develop concise, engaging and impactful marketing pitch for potential clients and investors
- Drive all business development efforts including roadshows, investor events, seminars, etc.
- Maintain database of all potential clients, investors and collaborators across Africa and globally.
- Monitor global asset management trends, particularly in the infrastructure financing space and provide relevant recommendations to management, as required.
- Proactive identification of additional client needs in the course of deal execution in order to secure follow-on business from existing clients.
- Lead the fund raising of the first few platforms especially Transport and Renewables amongst others.
- Forge viable relationships with potential investors and clients including but not limited to sovereign wealth funds, private sector players, pension funds and regional development finance institutions and other relevant institutional investors.
- Maintain active relationship with investors, providing frequent updates as required.
- Attend relevant investor programs to fortify relationships and identify new possible relationships.
- Maintain close interaction and follow up with the Sector Directors and Associates to assist with the development and courting of potential opportunities for the business.
- Use opportunities of client visits and other work related travels (e.g. conferences and workshops) to engage in primary origination efforts.
Human Resources Development
- Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer, set-up the requisite back-office, middle office, and reporting framework required by the investors
- Work closely with Senior Director & CEO, to execute all aspects of institutional best practice required to set up the business.
- Provide support in developing a disciplined and rigorous process for fund mobilization decisions.
- Develop appropriate forms and templates for managing all business development activities to aid effectiveness.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks related to executing the strategy of the business as requested by the Senior Director & CEO
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Recruitment, supervision, coaching and development of Associates, Analysts & Interns operating within the team.
- Possess a strong track record of academic achievement at the Masters level from a leading university in finance or related discipline.
- Relevant advanced degree in Business Administration, Finance, Investments or in other analytical related field.
- Relevant professional qualifications/certifications related to finance such as CFA will be advantageous.
- 10-13 years’ experience in investment and development banking, private equity, Asset management, consulting and/or industrial conglomerate as well as managerial level experience.
- Relevant working experience in project and infrastructure financing transactions in the infrastructure sector.
- Extensive experience in Investment and Asset Management with solid track record in originating, appraising, and executing a sizeable investment of debt and equity investments in emerging and developing countries across a wide range of sectors.
- Proven track record of leading negotiations, execution and documentation of debt and equity investments.
- Deep knowledge and practical experience in integrating ESG principles in the investment process.
- Fluency in writing and speaking English and French is mandatory.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’ and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.