114 16 04 MNW
Our client, a leading renewable energy company in South Africa, is looking for a Social Performance coordinator who will be responsible for project-specific stakeholder engagement functions and community investment programs in the Western Cape.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Develops project specific stakeholder engagement plans that align to the clients Corporate Stakeholder Engagement Planning Process, including the design, implementation and management of a grievance mechanism
- Manages the mapping of stakeholders and execution of stakeholder engagements
- Identifying and analyzing relevant and appropriate partners and stakeholders according to interest, impact and influence
- Manages the compliance of all community stakeholder related requirements and processes under environmental management programs.
- Responsible for reporting back to management on stakeholder engagement and providing input to management reports on grievances, community matters and stakeholder engagement activities
- Acts as a point of contact for the local communities, communicating and distributing key project information
- Identifies key community risks (e.g. equal employment opportunities) and community opportunities to be managed at the local level to mitigate risk and to optimize initiatives undertaken respectively
- Liaises with company’s project managers and site managers to disseminate pertinent community intelligence that may impact the project activities
- Assists the ED team practitioners with any information and data gathering for REIPPPP ED reporting, as required
- Assists in managing and coordinating the annual ED audits
- Assists the ESG team in the design and implementation of a long-term SED & EnD strategy that effectively addresses community needs
- Assists the ESG team in the management of community needs assessment processes
- Identifies & designs sustainable initiatives that support the long-term SED & EnD strategy
- Manages the implementation of and monitors the initiatives that support the long-term SED & EnD strategy
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 5 - 8 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Exposure to the REIPPPP preferable.
- Willing and able to work in the Western Cape, outside of Cape Town.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions