Reference Number: 476 2004 MHU
Our client is an open pit mining contractor. As the Project Manager, your primary focus is to manage the Mining Contract to the satisfaction of the internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve forecasted targets for production and development targets. This role reports into EXCO.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Management of the Company project and production works including;
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and quality control of our contracted works;
- Ensuring development and production targets are achieved;
- Liaising with client personnel to ensure a good client/contractor relationship.
- Review performance of personnel under your control and make changes as required;
- Prepare budgets, including labour, capital justification and the collation of data on a systematic basis for progressive forecasting and future estimating.
- Ensure the Company safety management plan is complied with on site and positive leadership is provided. Additionally ensure that all duty of care requirements are complied with as per the Mines Safety Inspection Act and Regulations;
- You will be accountable for adherence to the various plans and policies in force from time to time.
- Ensure all effort is made to reduce costs by effective expenditure and reduced wastage.
- Comply with Company reporting and contract administration requirements, including but not limited to;
- Preparation of monthly claims and supporting documentation;
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly development and production statistics;
- Maintenance of records with respect to manning, equipment maintenance records and availability and other information as required;
- Maintenance of contract correspondence files;
- Ensure key performance indicator targets as set by the management team are achieved or exceeded on a monthly basis;
- Attendance at management team meetings and preparation of contractual documents, operational performance and cost data.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in accordance with company policy, service records are completed correctly and equipment is made available for scheduled servicing as per the service schedule.
- Manage mine production & mine scheduling to meet contract requirements at minimum cost consistent with quality and safety requirements
- Identifying contract variations, negotiating minor variations or additional work within overall scope with the client, and participate in negotiations in respect of scope change.
- Over-arching responsibility for procurement and inventory management to ensure the project is sufficiently resourced with spare parts and mining supplies
- Accountable for the financial performance of the contract in order to achieve the desired financial forecasts. Individually responsible for the development of budgets, forecasts, capital expenditure and justifications for the project.
- Manage and resolve employee issues as required
- Personal commitment to safe work practices and safe behavior as well as participation and contribution in incident investigations, risk assessments and safety communication sessions and events.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Degree qualification in Mining or Engineering
- Strong open pit experience
- Previous Project Management experience essential
- Strong mining contractor experience
- Must have gold mining experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A genuine passion for continuous improvement and sound people management skills.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of employees and clients and a hands-on approach toward team facilitation and conflict resolution.
- Previous experience working on remote sites as an expatriate
- Exposure to mine design programmes, such as Deswik, Datamaine, Surpac
- FIFO or residential position
- Candidates already based in Africa will be given preference
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.