Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Principal Mining Engineer who has experience in underground planning.
This is a corporate based role which has responsibility for the continent.
The objective of the role is to provide direct oversight of the mine planning practices and development of the strategic plans for the Underground assets within the African Region, in order to drive optimised direction for the operations to achieve business objectives/targets.
- The development of robust strategic plans for the assigned Underground assets within the International
Operations which includes identifying opportunities for step changes for the current assets, and subsequent service and support of the strategic plans
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ensuring Asset level alignment on the Strategic Plans with sites and providing information to the African Leadership Team
- Provide support by providing input on asset potential and the consolidation of the African Operations strategy
- Provide support and services as required to the African Leadership Group on portfolio optimisation, including asset purchases and sales
- Provide mine specialised planning services and support to projects within the African Operations and as required to the Technical team
- To provide high level support to the Ore Reserves process including Technical Specialist sign off
- To provide Technical Support to strategy and direction of JV’s and major projects within the African Operations
- Contributing productively as a member of the Technical team for the African Region
- Contributing to the development and delivery of the African Operations strategic plans and ensuring that the Technical Group develops and manages and reports against effective plans and schedules
- Establishing and maintaining a productive Mining Strategy Group business culture.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all stakeholders
- A degree qualification in a relevant mining-related discipline
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years planning experience within an underground mining environment of which at least three (3) years is at a manger level or in a technical specialist role
- Post-graduate degree qualification in a mining-related discipline will be an advantage
- A relevant business qualification (e.g., MBA, financial course) will be an advantage
- Preparedness to undertake extensive business travel
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening
- Sound practical understanding of the entire mining value chain including mining, geotechnical, metallurgy and projects
- Ability to take a whole-of-business perspective in managing multiple competing priorities and reconciling these with the Company’s strategic priorities
- Excellent understanding of mine planning software packages, and a demonstrated ability to use then to their full capability
- Ability & wiliness to reside in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Strong track record of success in the resources industry
- Strong track record in business improvement and change management
Benefits and Contractual information:
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.