Reporting to the VP Engineering, our client is seeking an experienced Chief Engineer who will provide strategic, tactical, governance and operational support for all activities related to engineering in the Africa region.
- Provide and coordinate engineering technical support, leadership, consulting services and guidance which include:
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Developing appropriate engineering and maintenance strategies in collaboration with the site Engineering and Maintenance managers and COO teams to de-risk the operations and ensure safe and reliable infrastructure and plant performance.
- Developing regional engineering guidelines, standards, procedures, specifications (aligned with group position and/or standards) and facilitate the adoption and implementation of these at the operations.
- Providing engineering assurance and governance by auditing onsite compliance to guidelines, standards, procedures, processes and specifications. Where deviations are encountered assist the sites to develop strategies and plans to ensure compliance.
- Developing performance measures and monitoring KPIs to proactively identify performance trends and defect elimination opportunities. Leading root cause assessments for acute and chronic failure modes.
- Compiling and coordinating the implementation of asset management strategies for key equipment and infrastructure. Ensuring standardisation of strategies across operations and alignment with the overall engineering strategy.
- Establishing processes and systems to optimize the performance and reliability of plant and infrastructure as well as mitigate and manage risk. This includes diligent asset integrity management that is critical to safe and sustainable production.
- Acting as the single point of contact to coordinate and provide specialist engineering support services to the operations by engaging either internal group specialists or industry service providers.
- Contributing discipline specific inputs towards the annual strategy and business planning processes, as well as quarterly integrated plans.
- Compiling and issuing discipline specific feedback reports highlighting risks, opportunities and progress to the VP Engineering and operations managers as required. This includes reviewing integrated plan deliverables and assumptions and providing recommendations to the VP Engineering prior to integrated plan signoff.
- Identifying technical improvement opportunities and developing continuous improvement plans in conjunction with the site Engineering and Maintenance Managers to optimise overall equipment effectiveness and reduce unit costs. Ensuring adequate technical support to the operations to act on identified improvement opportunities.
- Ensuring an effective health of discipline system within engineering which includes supporting sites by coaching, mentoring, guiding emerging talent, identifying opportunities for training, facilitating rotations and enabling succession planning.
- Coordinating and participating in Communities of Practice and facilitating knowledge transfer across the region and group.
- Supporting the Regional projects team by participating in project studies and performing project design reviews, which include reviewing engineering designs, specifications, costs, operability and maintainability.
- Coordinating the annual Stay-in-Business capital and Energy planning processes and performing reviews to ensure projects and budgets are technically sound.
- Participating the Stay-in-Business capital committee meetings and ensuring compliance to the requirements of the Africa operations’ capital management system.
- Providing capital governance and oversight in the Africa Region which includes adherence to the delegation of authority and approval processes.
- Managing all technical and commercial aspects with regards to power supply at the Africa operations, which include engaging key suppliers and stakeholders as well as coordination activities with the sites.
- Providing governance and oversight of Energy management plans in the Africa Region which include facilitating 3rd party audits of energy and power budgets.
- Managing key strategic suppliers and contracts e.g. power supply, OEM services etc.
- Performing the functions of the Regional Process Owner (RPO) for the ONEERP system which is the regional champion for all activities impacting processes and data. Assisting the Business Process Custodian (BPC) to design common processes with the support of the Regional SAP support analyst (SSA).
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent Tertiary Engineering qualification) in relevant Engineering Discipline (Mechanical or Electrical).
- Post-graduate qualifications highly regarded.
- At least 15 years relevant experience in the discipline, preferably from the gold or base metals mining sectors.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with professional, high performing individuals and teams.
- A performance driven, energetic approach to delivering work with a preparedness to take a well-reasoned stance on matters of importance.
- A track record of finding practical and innovative solutions in maintenance/asset management, with strong focus on plant and infrastructure.
- A comprehensive understanding of mining equipment and plant maintenance practices including work management, defect elimination, tactic development and asset integrity.
- Advanced project management competencies and engineering design experience.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.