Marketing Manager – Coal Market (Mining / Commodity / Export / Sales / SADC / FTC ) – South Africa
: 101 RR
The role of Marketing Manager – South African Market is to drive, marketing, sales and market development activities and logistics in the South African Market, in line with the company’s agreed marketing objectives and strategies. The role is also responsible for ensuring that additional volumes of washed coal sales (offtake) planned for the South African market from the new opencast coal mine is fully contracted for by the time the project is commissioned.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics to drive new business with current and prospective clients within the South African Coal Market. This should be in form of a marketing plan that is linked with the company strategy.
- Actively solicit new accounts and relationships within the South African washed coal market
- Research, analyze and assess customer needs, usage levels, and supply programs.
- Track market trends (pricing, production capacities and market inventories etc) and establish a responsive pricing system that enables the company to be agile in competitive pricing
- Negotiate and conclude spot and long-term contracts with key traders and customers.
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders within the coal sales value chain (Botswana Marketing team, Mine Planning and Logistics provider) to optimize commercial value
- Develop and implement commercial solutions to deal with unplanned production and supply chain variability, to mitigate potential sales and/or revenue value loss
- Develop and maintain logistical solutions for transporting product
- Continually build strong customer relations and achieve outstanding customer satisfaction
- The role is also responsible for assisting the Botswana based marketing team with marketing and sales activities in the local Botswana market, Zimbabwe, Namibia and markets
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Diploma or Degree in related field.
- Extensive understanding of the South African Coal Market.
- Deep understanding of doing business in RSA
- Distribution and Logistics Management.
- Coal Market Development and Penetration
- Client Relationship Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multilingual (English, Setswana, Afrikaans, amongst others) added advantage.
- 3-year fixed term contract (FTC)
- Competitive annual package
- Performance Incentives
- Flexible work arrangement, Work-From-Home opportunity
- International travel
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions