This Ghanaian national will implement innovative technology to lead multiple projects, against scope, safety, time, quality, cost and productivity standards, through translation and achievement of strategic and financial goals, stakeholder management, complex commercial management, operational delivery and oversight. They will be reporting to senior management on strategic project goals and performance.
- Participate in setting the strategy for the division and lead the setting of the project strategy.
- Executing multiple projects to support sustainability of the broader business, including reputation and meeting industry and market requirements.
Financial, Commercial & Contracts Management:
- Assist with site inspections and finalisation of tenders in conjunction with commercial / estimating team.
- Negotiate with client on new work, current contract and variation orders, with inputs from QS and Commercial Manager.
- Contributing to final commercial close-out of projects.
Risk Management & Compliance, incl. ESG responsible:
- Ensure the company's policy on social responsibility is adhered to.
- Align to client ESG requirements and ensure compliance throughout the project implementation.
Stakeholder Management (Internal/External):
- Balancing internal organisational requirements with internal and external stakeholder requirements, in order to deliver the project successfully.
- Promote ongoing open communication with Client Project Manager to foster good relations between the company and the client.
Operations & Project Management:
- Plan and set up the project according to contractual and tender requirements, as well as considering best practice and standards for civil / tailings projects.
- Ensure project is executed within budget, scope, timelines, productivity and SHEQ standards.
- Ensure that the project site and operational practices are fully compliant to SHEQ requirements, policies, legislation and systems.
Management Operating System & Reporting:
- Draft and complete a project management report on a monthly basis, including safety, quality, community issues, forecasts to completion, schedule, client relations, production, progress pictures, labour matters, etc, as agreed.
- Ensure relevant quality and technical standards are agreed and implemented through the relevant functions on the project.
- Understand and implement relevant internal and client policies relating to technical matters.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ensure appropriate structures are set up for the staff requirements/duties for the contract, and site organisational structure.
- Manage direct reports with respect to all people management functions.
- Appropriately hold employees and subcontractors accountable for delivery.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Must be a Ghanaian national.
- Degree in Engineering/Mining/Metallurgical/Industrial
- Project Management qualification
- Must have 8-10 years’ experience as Mine Overseer / Engineering Manager in a mining production environment, preferably on complex projects of high value
- Must have 10-15 years relevant experience in respect of managing complex tailings projects.
- Excellent contract management skills.
- Excellent planning skills and proficient with planning tools.
- Strong persuasion & negotiation skills.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions