CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Provide close support to the Departmental Head in creating and maintaining strong relationships with African governments, financial institutions and corporates as well as capital markets investors to facilitate development of a strong pipeline of good quality investment banking opportunities in support of the Bank`s mandate;
- Provide technical input in all transactions which will enable African governments, public enterprises, supranational organizations, financial institutions and large corporates to access international bond markets to raise medium to long-term funding which is required to finance investments in trade-facilitating infrastructure, industrial processing plants and trade-related activities across the continent;
- Keep abreast of developments in the global economy and capital markets;
- Execute transactions which will contribute to development of Africa`s capital markets to ensure that they play a pivotal role in channeling portfolio investment flows into the continent especially in support of companies engaged in trade;
- Market debt and equity product offerings to corporate, financial institutions and government clients;
- Execute listing of bond and equity transactions in partnership with internal teams and external partners;
- Daily responsibilities include both leading bond and equity execution as well as marketing, e.g. preparing market updates, conducting due diligence, internal/external project management, and client management through marketing and pricing dynamics;
- Establish a high degree of trust with clients during execution, and grow rapport with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs and being responsive;
- Understand Afreximbank’s approach and policies for managing risks and applicable legal and regulatory rules;
- Proactively share information, knowledge and ideas to promote team success;
- Provide managerial, analytical & modeling support, structuring ideas, financing agreement negotiation support, and oversee all aspects of transaction execution;
- Manage underwriter, rating agency, issuer legal counsel, accountant, regulators and trustee engagements;
- Prepare rating agency presentations and investor presentations;
- Coordinate rating agency and underwriter due diligence;
- Partner with legal counsel to develop financing documents and transaction prospectus;
- Arrange institutional investor roadshows;
- Advise African enterprises on tax efficient ways of returning cash to their shareholders. This will entail assessing suitability of cash dividends, stock dividends and share repurchases etc for businesses at various stages of their life cycles;
- Implement structures to assist the Bank in mobilizing debt and equity;
- Implement structures to assist various clients to raise funds through securitization structures;
- Prepare financial models and conduct related industry and market research and Adhoc financial forecasting, analyses and modeling to support the investment advice process of the Bank;
- Adding value to the work done by team members by enhancing substance to the proposals, reviewing accuracy of factual representations, logical integrity of all calculations in financial models and improving general presentation;
- Participate in negotiations, use negotiation skills to overcome difficulties and finalize negotiations in capital market and advisory transactions;
- Manage subordinate staff performance through appropriate performance planning, coaching and performance reviews;
- Assist the department head in marketing Capital Market services;
- Implement new methodologies to improve all Capital Market services related processes;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to the jobholder by Senior Management.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or other disciplines relevant to the position. A relevant professional qualification e.g. CFA may be acceptable in lieu of a postgraduate degree;
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in the financial services or consulting industry and demonstrated knowledge and experience in DCM or ECM transactions;
- Demonstrable experience working in the front office of a top tier Investment Bank and/or Capital Markets firm;
- Highly driven, detail-oriented, diligent with strong analytical, communication and writing skills;
- Demonstrable proficiency with market and product terms. Well versed in the quantitative nature and framework of fixed income and equity products;
- Understands the different types of credit and underwriting risks and can discuss in detail ways of risk management and mitigation;
- Thorough understanding of market drivers and dynamics;
- Understands transaction cycle and demonstrates detail orientation during execution;
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs;
- Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management;
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently and in team;
- Previous experience in credit and/or financial institution capital markets a plus;
- Demonstrable experience in investment banking and advisory services in Africa will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis with a solid understanding of financial statements, financial modeling and company or industry analysis;
- Advanced Excel skills and strong financial modeling skills required;
- Ability to follow-up independently and consistently and play the critical role as the project manager on most assignments and the primary capital markets contact;
- Ability to immediately contribute to the group based on past experience and help to transfer best practices and knowledge
- Self-starting team player who can think strategically and excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, regulators, corporates and governments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese); and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources from varied cultural backgrounds to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 18th June 2021
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’ and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.