CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: RSBBLR032
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The nature and scope of work entails assisting the Bank in and contributing to the realization of the objectives set by Senior Management for the Trade Information Unit. The role will facilitate the completion of consulting assignments for a variety of clients.
- The successful candidate is expected to bring an important contribution to strategy definition and execution for both the TRIN Unit and externally for a range of importing and exporting clients across Africa and any entities wishing to enter African markets.
- The successful candidate must be able to successfully lead strategic advisory projects with commitment to the highest level of quality and attention to detail, while acting with the upmost respect and integrity at all times.
- The role also involves supporting the creation of trade-facilitating infrastructure and market intelligence and providing needed assistance to origination Departments.
- The main responsibility of the Assistant Manager (Consultancy Practice) is to contribute to the originating, planning, and execution of strategic advisory projects from inception to completion and aftercare.
- The person will lead and/or facilitate the completion of strategic consulting assignments for a variety of clients with a commitment to the highest level of quality. Specifically, the Candidate under the guidance of Head, Trade Information is expected to undertake on behalf of the Bank, among others, the tasks listed hereunder:
- Facilitate the completion of strategic consulting assignments for a variety of clients;
- Lead consultancy engagements with clients from origination through to execution, close and aftercare. Taking responsibility for solving client problems and present insights in a compelling way that convinces the client to take action;
- Build and maintain a strong pipeline of good quality consultancy assignments within the Africa focused trade related mandate of the Bank. Managing all TRIN customer relationships, originating and on-boarding clients. Support the business development activities of the Unit, working with the Bank’s origination departments and proactively identify opportunities to build the Unit’s Consultancy pipeline;
- Prepare business proposals and presentations, identify issues and form hypotheses and solutions, present findings, and recommendations to clients, implement recommendations or solutions and ensure the client receives the necessary assistance to execute recommendations;
- Manage TRIN relationship with the local affiliated consultants, -in-country network of Researchers and other part time contractor. Manage the technical delivery/execution of mandates of outsourced consulting firms based on the agreed scope of work, budget, and timelines;
- Manage projects and programmes and liaise with the client to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions;
- Contribute through gathering of relevant data, information and materials and prepare strategic thought leadership and regular research reports to monitor developments in global trade and trade finance as well as the Bank’s key markets and products;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
- MBA or Postgraduate degree or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, or other related fields from a recognized University.
- Sound experience and proven track record of at least 5 years, preferably in the management consulting area, economic research, or financial services industry as an Economist or Strategy Professional or Management Consultant and expert in one or more of the following business functions: economic research, international trade, management consulting or other related work;
- Demonstrated experience in collection, monitoring and management of large economic and trade data and preparing presentations;
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of strategic advisory services to clients across a broad spectrum of industries and specialisms;
- Experience in the development, management and use of Trade Information Portals is ideal and Familiarity with major trade database including those of ITC, WTO, UNCTAD, and DOT; and other database such as WDI and IFS;
- Excellent research, analysis and writing skills;
- English is the working language of the Bank and proficiency is mandatory; other languages (Arabic/ French) an asset.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 30th July 2021
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.