Reference Number: 151 AB
The Head of Precious and Base Metals should be a highly experienced mining industry executive to oversee Precious and Base Metals projects from Exploration, Prefeasibility to Definitive Feasibility through to construction and development. A history of achievement in the mining industry with experience in management roles delivering superior business outcomes. A skilled business builder with a demonstrable record of success in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environments and expertise in the management and development of hard rock open put and u/g mines. The Head of Precious and Base Metals is an organizational leader who has strategic knowledge in stakeholder management and must understand how to leverage human capital to achieve organizational goals and business strategy.
Key Routine Task:
Technical and Soft Skills:
- Formulating development and consolidation strategies, in-country value addition initiatives, planning how both materials and human resources are to be utilized including scheduling and overseeing projects to completion
- Be responsible for the direction, management, and development of all aspects of the Precious and Base Metals, consistent with the company’s guideline and standards on time and on budget at the right quality while ensuring optimal value creation of the project.
- Lead Precious and Base Metals Project Managers to advance projects through exploration, feasibility studies, EPCM/EPC Contracts, negotiations, and execution.
- Developing and recommending production strategies, together with capital budget and operating budget requirements, to optimize short and lang-range production capabilities while minimizing exposure to economic and environmental risks.
- Deliver regular updates to the Executive Management team and board of directors.
- Recruitment and performance management of the project team
- Assuring that “Best Practices” are demonstrated in all aspects of the work.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A proven track record of driving best practices, improving productivity and profitability throughout operations.
- Relationships with a range a funding bodies to support construction of the project.
- Proven ability to lead Project Manager, strong coaching and mentoring skills and the ability to create and maintain a culture of excellence.
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in Mining including at least 10 years in Management at a Senior Level and a successful track record.
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering, Geology or other Mining related qualifications.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Business Studies, Mineral Economics or Project Management an advantage.
- Preference for a Chartered Engineer or Fellow of a Recognized Professional Organization in Mining and Metals.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.