CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LEEBLR031
Treasury PAPSS Settlement Management
- The nature and scope of this role is to support the Treasurer’s function that deals with the PAPSS settlement initiative. The incumbent will support the Treasurer and take a supervisory lead role in ensuring that the PAPSS Settlement Process is effectively and efficiently run;
- The role will also support the Treasurer in developing a solid best-in-class treasury PAPSS function which is a go-to all PAPSS settlement activities;
- The role will further support the Treasurer in crafting and executing a treasury PAPSS Settlement Operational Strategy that reduces the PAPSS Participants’ Hers tat risk and ensures that each Participants’ financial obligations are made good as they fall due at the end-of-day;
Treasury PAPSS Activities Analysis
- Manage the daily treasury PAPSS settlement and confirmation processes ensuring that all payments are confirmed and executed within defined cut-off times;
- The approval and release of payments that may require human intervention from a settlement perspective, to participants;
Treasury PAPSS Reconciliations and Investigations
- Analyse all final approved inter-participant settlement stage transactions into the general ledger;
- Responsible for the end-to-end overdraft and collateral management in the PAPSS system as well as the Core Banking system;
- Monitor all of participating parties Overdraft Loan activities and review performance on a periodic basis;
Treasury PAPSS Settlement Data Ownership and Custody
- Responsible for all PAPSS settlement reconciliations and overdraft utilisations on an intra-day and end of day basis;
- Responsible for the investigation and resolution of any claims or queries relating to the PAPSS participants' activities on the platform;
- Responsible for ensuring that all matters are closed and highlighted in the PAPSS end-of-day report;
Treasury PAPSS Reporting, Team management and Communication
- Ownership and safe custody of all treasury PAPSS settlement data valuable for research analytics;
- Responsible for the storage and recording of off-site settlement data necessary for the Bank’s research activities that relate to the PAPSS initiative;
- Supporting the PAPSS Participating parties’ teams in all aspects of settlements by learning their responsibilities also and using the knowledge to improve the PAPSS efficiency;
- Maintaining and providing periodic treasury PAPSS Settlement reporting to senior management as and when required;
- Work closely with Finance and other stakeholders to ensure that all accounting processes take account of the complexities associated with settlement and banking;
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication channels with participating entities, and colleagues including Management on matters that relate to PAPSS settlement activities;
- Responsible for ensuring that within the treasury PAPSS team there is adequate cover during absences by initiating frequent staff training and practice sessions;
- Responsible for ensuring that all PAPSS functional activities are fully documented, including a periodical update;
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Any other duties that may be assigned to the role holder by Senior Management from time to time.
- A first degree in a relevant discipline i.e. accounting, financial management, economics, numerical or other related disciplines and a postgraduate degree in a relevant field. Recognised professional certification in a relevant field may be acceptable in lieu of a post graduate degree;
- Master’s degree in area of Finance, Economics, Accountancy or MBA with a specialisation in Finance or Mathematical Sciences with a speciality in Financial Mathematics;
- Recognised Professional Qualification in Treasury Settlements will be a strong added advantage;
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in a treasury settlement function either in a corporate institution, but preferably in the financial services industry;
- Solid grounding in financial systems database methodologies and financial modelling;
- Solid experience in working with Treasury Management Systems and/or inter-company netting processes;
- Operational experience in a financial department with significant systems exposure;
- Previous experience in a treasury environment and solid understanding of treasury operations;
- People and project management;
- Knowledge of treasury, debt capital markets, financial instruments, and structures;
- Advanced Excel skills and computer literacy (e.g. SQL, Crystal Reports);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese); and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources from varied cultural backgrounds to attain goals.
Closing date: 18th June 2021
To apply directly, please send your CV to Lise Kotze at Lkotze@caglobalint.com
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.