Our client is seeking a Financial Reporting & Governance Specialist. The purpose of this role is to provide financial reporting, governance, internal control and SOX services and support to the mines in the Africa Region.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Oversee the preparation, review, and finalisation of HFM financial reporting packs.
- Review HFM budget and business plan submissions and integrate numbers into the HFM system.
- Upload and report period end numbers in the HFM reporting system.
- Identify and remediate financial reporting issues including non-compliance to accounting policies, accounting directives and finance procedures.
- Design, improve and maintain general finance and SOX 404 controls.
- Test the operating effectiveness of general finance and SOX 404 controls.
- Prepare and maintain statistics on general finance and SOX 404 controls for period end reporting.
- Ensure the control environment mitigate risks as per the risk management framework.
- Monitor and track combined assurance issues and remediation.
- Maintain a finance risk dashboard and track issues that can impact the financial reporting process.
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of the monthly financial reporting processes including timely completion.
- Review the environmental rehabilitation submissions and provide technical finance support on environmental liabilities.
- Review fixed asset management practices and perform asset, depreciation, and control
- Conduct finance ledger reviews in SAP to ensure integrity of reported numbers.
- Improve financial reporting systems and processes and align these initiatives to the strategic objectives.
- Design and monitor policies and procedures.
- Maintain the delegation of authority framework.
- Assist in the preparation and finalisation of financial reporting & governance papers.
- Schedule and coordinate Audit Committee meetings.
- Perform ad-hoc financial reporting improvement projects from time to time.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Chartered Accountant Qualification
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheets and HFM (Hyperion)
- Experience on the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX 404) will be beneficial
- Certified Internal Audit (CIA) qualification will be beneficial
- Experience in SAP
- Excellent writing skills to report on governance and financial reporting technical matters
- At least 2 to 5 years relevant experience in the mining industry (governance and financial reporting)
- Preparedness to undertake business travel
- High energy and level of enthusiasm for the work with high performance goals for self and team
- Benchmark financial reporting & governance processes against those of mining peers.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Vivienne Gower
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.