The key purpose of the role is to manage fund and program activities in a country, ensuring that quality standards are adhered to and performance targets are met. The Investment Executive
is the key conductor of performance in the country and he/she actively leads and manages the investment teams to deliver on fund and program mandates and in so doing deliver the required key stakeholder outputs to customers, clients, staff and shareholders
The position reports to the Investment Director of the region or the Chief Investment Officer.
Fund and Program Management
Fund and Program Performance
- Develop annual fund activity plans and maintain fund models that meet fund/program mandate criteria
- Quality and timely reporting to investors and capital providers
- Ensure fund/ program compliance, as per governance schedules and mandates
- Maintain relationships with fund/ program investor representatives
- Support investor due diligence processes
Fund Manager Profitability
- Provide clear direction to the investment teams and funds’ business objectives, translating and prioritizing into business performance measures.
- Ensure effective implementation of the Company model in the country including approved policies and procedures.
- Manage and ensure that value-adding business support is provided to clients and report actions implemented, results achieved, and challenges faced
- Ensure compliance in the country with operations risk and rigour requirements
- Provide expert support to investment teams, assisting them in managing transactions
- Develop country business plan and budget that meets profitability and productivity standards
- Manage and control revenue and operational expenses in line with the approved budget, report on variances and implement corrective actions
- Report financial and investment results on a monthly basis to Leadership team, including variance analysis and plans to address variances
Brand Equity and Business Development
- Recruit, set expectations, develop and retain performing local investment team
- Ensure that team is correctly staffed, have correct skills and undergoes continuous development
- Manage performance management system and addresses poor performance.
- Motivates staff and recognize and reward excellence
Qualifications and Experience
- Develop effective partnerships with local SME stakeholders
- Be a thought leader in the country on impact investment
- Identify and support linkages/ opportunities within our client database for client expansion
- Ensure that market analysis of target customer trends and competitor offerings are integrated into fund and country business plans
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Instill a client centric culture via an effective client relationship management system
- Investment or finance experience in SME investment, with 7+ years of a demonstrated track record in investing or financing SMEs
- Advanced degree required. An MBA is preferred, as well as CA, CFA, CIMA or ACCA.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Good credit management skills, as evidenced by passing OMEGA program
- Proven deal origination skills and a well-developed network with the local SME business and finance community.
- Written and spoken language fluency in English essential.