Reference Number: 490 2505 MHU
Set up, implement and drive a non-Ferrous metals desk in close alignment with Philia’s strategy and vision. Develop and maintain long-term relationships with relevant market. Promote and develop the mining expertise within the Company. Identify new business opportunities. Represent the company with private and public institutions / stakeholders.
Sound and up to date knowledge of mining market through mining site visit and work closely with other brokers and market makers for paper transactions. This reports into the COO and CEO.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Successful applicant will be exposed to all aspects of commodity trading covering strategic, financial and pricing decisions.
- Managing entire supply chain in the movement of physical commodities
- Includes negotiation and booking of freight, liaising with ship brokers and clearing agents, stock controls and maintaining detailed logistic, reporting and P&L schedules
- Role involves facilitation of hedging and pricing confirmations and contract administration
- Liaise continuously with the risk team
- Support the development of existing and new business / relationships with major players in the industry
- Introduced a client relationship management program, which significantly improved client retention
- Negotiated with clients for contract terms such as pricing, payment structures, quotation periods, shipment and quality terms
- Monitored the process from production to delivery
- Coordinated execution of smooth and profitable trades and forecast revenue and profitability
- Represented company at global and regional events and prospected for new opportunities
- Defined strategy for potential markets in future developments by analyzing statistics and following consumer behaviour and purchasing trends
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Master’s degree
- +15 years’ experience in Mining, focus on non-ferrous metals
- Must be prepared to get involved in all aspects of the day to day running of a company
- Must have both trader experience and hands on production experience
- Interpersonal, communication and entrepreneurial flair essential
- Ability to negotiate, react to situations quickly and make informed decisions under pressure
- Be prepared and able to travel
- Ability to develop and execute trading strategy
- Proven track record of expanding customer base
- African Markets experience compulsory
- Experience in trading in world mining operations
- Ability to learn and adapt fast
- Permanent role
- Regular travel across South Africa, Zambia and DRC
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.