My Client in the Banking sector, is in the process of recruiting for an experienced Applications Expert / Intermediate Level Programmer who will be reporting to the Chief of Applications and Databases Unit. As a member of IT Dept., the successful candidate will be responsible for providing the necessary backing and support with regards to the operations of the Applications and Databases unit for information technology
• Analysing, designing and developing programs using the approved programming languages in and following up their application in departments and divisions.
• Assist in installing, configuring and managing databases in the Bank's main application systems.
• Examine the developed application systems and ensure that they conform to the Bank’s needs.
• Documentation of systems, software workflow maps, technical guides and troubleshooting steps for information systems.
• Preparing the necessary technical studies and proposing work procedures in order to automate the systems and improve the performance of the current systems.
• Dealing with and evaluating various databases using the manuals and the software used.
• Creating, installing and configuring the main and experimental databases within the servers and the tools for that.
• Carrying out modifications and improvements to the application systems used in the Bank and re-analysing and documenting them.
• Training of users on how to use the different application systems and preparing user manuals.
• Gathering the information required for systems development, analysis, and preparing technical reports and submitting them to direct supervisor.
• Participate in the processes of managing and transferring knowledge regarding the Bank’s applications.
• Implementing advanced systems for electronic archiving of documents and Managing the Bank’s electronic workflow.
• Identifying and analysing technical problems and providing appropriate technical opinion.
• Participation in committees and meetings when required.
• Keeping up with the technical advancements in this field.
• Submitting periodic reports to the direct Supervisor.
• Performing any other tasks assigned to him/her within the limits of his/her job duties and responsibilities
• Maintaining confidentiality with the ability to operate in a multicultural environment.
• Extensive knowledge of laws, regulations and legislation.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Time and performance management
• High abilities in the use of computers and related software.
• Skill in the analysis and design of application systems.
• Knowledge of database systems, documentation and maintenance, and operating systems.
• University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
• Experience of at least 5 years including experience in similar international institutions.
• SQL, PLSQL and Java certified professionals preferred.
• Proficiency in Arabic and English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
Candidates from all African and Arabic Countries are encouraged to apply.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button below and visit our www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com here
for more exciting opportunities.
| Senior Associate
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.