My Client in the Banking sector, is in the process of recruiting for an experienced Database Expert / Senior Database Administrator/Engineer who will be reporting to the Manager of the IT Division. As a member of the IT Dept., the successful candidate is responsible for implementing and supporting production and non-production databases in the areas of backup and restoration, performance tuning, database creation, replication, migration and maintenance of existing security standards.
• Work closely alongside the development, application support, and testing teams during project design, execution, testing through to deployment phases to ensure any database changes will be optimized for performance in the production environments
• Review business requirements and analyse existing environments and propose architect/implementation solutions for Oracle database projects
• Work with development teams to resolve database/application incompatibility, performance, security, and or any other issues
• Review/approve the database code changes proposed by the application team to ensure the database code that deploys to production database is optimized
• Define/test detailed lower environment and production deployment plans to ensure smooth production deployment and Provide post deployment support.
• Lead efforts to guide team to best practices for database usage, high availability and business continuity.
• Create and support databases across hosted, internal and end-user applications.
• Analyse existing database applications to migrate into or improve the functioning on the platform.
• Maintain databases, including all production, backup and development files.
• Administer database security across all database environments.
• Provide guidance to other database administrators to expand the role and capabilities of the database environment.
• Document practices and procedures used to support database installation and maintenance.
• Provide management with appropriate status reports on various projects and initiatives.
• Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in database administration.
• Assist in database design, programming troubleshooting and management of problems affecting IT and enterprise database application as well as developing the area for future expansion.
• Monitoring databases performance and performing the required modifications and maintenance and ensuring their conformity and correctness of their work.
• Review the compliance of the databases to their license agreement.
• Good communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
• Capable of formulating policies and procedures for DBA activities.
• Continuously look to improve data management processes.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Install, design, configure, and maintain Oracle database 10g, and 11g.
• Administering users, privileges, and security.
• Using Oracle database utilities (such as RMAN, Export. . .etc.).
• Recovering databases using Oracle flashback technology.
• Monitor, diagnose, troubleshoot and report a database.
• Install, configure and administrate Oracle web logic and Oracle application server.
• Running database in Archive log mode ensuring high availability of the database.
• Tuning database and provide better performance 24/7.
• Install Web logic and manage it on a cluster for multiple nodes.
• Install, configure and manage Oracle application server forms and reports.
• Tuning SQL and PL/SQL code designing database packages and procedures.
• Well knowledge in Microsoft windows server and professional.
• Good knowledge of Oracle Solaris.
• Bachelors with 8+ years or 6 years with Masters with Oracle Database Design and Administration experience.
• Oracle Certified Professional (Oracle 11 g).
• Proficiency in Arabic & English languages and preferably French
Candidates from all African and Arabic Countries are encouraged to apply.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button below and visit our www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com here
for more exciting opportunities.
| Senior Associate
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.