Reference Number: 017 2605 (SV)
A leading OEM is seeking a Technical Writer who will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical customer documentation to support the product lines within the segment, ensuring a fully supported product on the market. The role utilises the links between engineering, manufacturing, aftermarket support and regional centers.
The role is product-focused and concentrates on the development, production, delivery, and storage of
documentation material for inclusion in the final product package in accordance with OH&S and Mining
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Responsible for planning, editing, writing and maintaining product user documentation including graphics and images for Operator’s, Maintenance and Service & Repair Manuals.
- Development and production of life cycle maintenance information for machine operational safety, which may include maintenance plans, schedules, and instructions.
- Development and implementation of technical documentation in accordance with global and regional guidelines.
- Researches available engineering information such as drawings, design reports, equipment, and test specifications.
- Utilizes knowledge of company product line, processes, methods, and document structure.
- Coordination of technical documentation delivery tasks and procedures.
- Collaborate with other Technical Writers on various projects.
- Support the documentation teams in Australia/Austria with information gathered locally.
- Write and publish technical bulletins.
- Support and coordinate local printing activities.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- At least 3 years’ experience writing and developing documentation in a publication environment (mining experience is a strong preference).
- Must have a relevant tertiary degree or equivalent qualification.
- Superior standard of written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Experience using CMS systems, XML editing software, Information Architecture practices and performing DITA based XML structuring.
- Experience using authoring packages including Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker, or similar.
- Experience working in an engineering/manufacturing environment, preferably mining or heavy industry.
- Demonstrated experience using 3D-CAD software such as Siemens NX, and other drawing packages including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, or CorelDRAW.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Ability to develop and build relationships within the segment and the industry.
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.