Our client a Microfinance organization is currently looking to recruit an IST Executive, who will be best in Bambous, Mauritius. The IST Executive is a senior level information systems and technology professional in charge of our clients’ operational requirements across Africa and Middle East, related to information technology. He/she will manage an IST team providing Infrastructure, business systems and IT related services to the Business Users in the company’s Services; to manage the group IT requirements, and to manage the group business system requirements.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of successful project planning and implementation, sound decision-making and employee development.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Develop and maintain information technology strategies by managing staff, researching and implementing technology solutions in line with the business strategy.
- Use a diverse set of technical skills to organize resources around the execution of business objectives in a highly dynamic environment.
- Making sure that the network infrastructure, associated systems, and business applications run smoothly, perform within agreed service levels, and provide a secure platform for the business operations.
- He/she completes IST projects by coordinating resources and timetables, supported by the IT Infrastructure Manager and Systems Administrator.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures across the offices.
- Coordinate priorities between the IST department and business users; and review the adequacy and allocation of IT resources in terms of funding, personnel, equipment, and service levels.
- Maintain staff by orienting and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities in line with the company’s performance management system.
- Concurrently manages one or more IST projects.
- Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and implementing information technologies to support the strategic plans of the business.
- Minimum 5 years’ management experience in the IST sector supporting multi-national company with a specific focus on Africa and Middle East.
- Previous experience in project managing system conversions, specifically ERP systems preferably within a financial services environment.
- Experience in the design, implementation and management of outsourced solutions and support services
- Ability to evaluate and interpret business needs and its impact on IT systems and infrastructure, and systems requirements.
- IT system and network architecture experience.
- Minimum of National Diploma IT / BTECH Information systems.
- Certified Project Management Experience.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and writing skills.