Our client is a large banking firm seeking to employ a Manager: Banking Supervision.
The primary objective of this position is to manage the delivery by a team of analysts, thereby contributing to the effective and efficient supervision of an allocated banking group.
- Provide strategic direction to a team of analysts in terms of ongoing supervisory oversight of allocated financial entities, including the operational alignment of supervisory programmes and targets.
- Provide leadership and support the relevant Financial Conglomerate Supervision Divisional Head in achieving the overall departmental objectives.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to a team of analysts.
- Manage the team’s deliverables, including work plans, resource allocation and management, processes and systems, and change and innovation.
- Manage the team’s performance.
- Manage talent, including the learning and development of team members and succession planning.
- Contribute to the team’s compliance with the governance, risk management and information management policies and procedures
Additional requirements include:
- A postgraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking, Economics or related field;
- At least eight years’ experience in the financial services or financial regulatory sector; and at least two years’ proven experience of managing a team.
- An understanding of the Basel Core Principles for Banking Supervision;
- A working knowledge of the various pieces of legislation and related supervisory frameworks applicable to financial institutions registered in South Africa and related entities;
- An understanding of the key issues and risks facing financial institutions registered in South Africa and related entities;
- Knowledge and understanding of good corporate governance;
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the financial system, financial products, and risk models and systems;
- Fully conversant with the Basel framework at both a theoretical and a practical level; and knowledge of relevant risk management practices and standards.
- Thought leadership;
- Problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Financial and business acumen;
- People management skills
- Influencing, building and maintaining relationships.