Reference Number: SF09
A very exciting and fast expanding Fintech client of ours is looking to hire a Data Systems Administrator to join their Cape Town team. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of database instances and being highly focused on maintaining performance, integrity, replication, and security across the client’s IT estate.
- Responsible for continuous database services maintenance and monitoring, ensuring that standard maintenance, database growth / storage, replication where relevant, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are in place and functioning correctly.
- Ensure that any issues related to High Availability / Disaster Recovery (HA/DR) implementations and processes (clustering, database mirroring, log shipping and transactional replication) are investigated and resolved.
- Assist with 2nd and 3rd line incidents and requests logged with the Transactional Data Systems team.
- Assist other teams with database design / code reviews, database backups / restores and other activities.
- Investigate and resolve database performance issues.
- Liaise with external vendors in the planning, implementation and support of 3rd party software solutions and updates to supported Transactional Data Systems.
- Ensure that database security is managed according to best practices.
- Take an active role in improving the Transaction Data Systems estate.
- Ensure relevant documentation, e.g., playbooks and runbooks, is kept up to date and expanded where necessary
- Perform patching, upgrades, and migrations on relevant databases.
- Collaborate with the Engineering, DevOps, and Data and Decisioning teams to ensure data standards, data quality and operational excellence of our bigger data estate.
- Mentor junior members of the Transactional Data Systems team.
- Take ownership of duties or requests allocated and professionally manage them through to completion or escalation.
- Report any potential customer facing risks.
- Maintain your own personal development plan with support from your manager.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- A relevant qualification in Information Technology or related experience.
- 5+ years Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in performance monitoring / analysis and capacity planning, in a database environment.
- Knowledge and proven experience of the following MS SQL Server related aspects:
- Administration of database environments, including maintenance and performance monitoring.
- Optimization and performance tuning of databases, schemas, and queries.
- Development of T-SQL scripts.
- Troubleshooting of server, database, and data issues.
- Azure Managed SQL database administration experience.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases and caching technologies, experience with Firestore DB (Firebase Realtime DB), Elasticsearch and Redis highly desirable.
- Experience working in Azure or related cloud platform environment, e.g., AWS or GCP.
- Experience and familiarity with working a Linux environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Planning, organizing and coordination skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- Clear criminal and credit record.
- Contactable via own mobile phone.
- Willingness to work overtime and be available on weekends as and when required.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at email@example.com
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com/jobs for the latest CA Finance jobs.
CA Finance: Global Recruitment
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not yet had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.