CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
This job role is part of the Bank’s Junior Professionals Programme. The purpose is to provide the candidate with an opportunity to acquire further banking, finance and trade development skills in order to contribute impactful diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank and, where relevant, the successful candidate could be considered for a permanent role.
The candidate should be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December 2020 and ready to commit to the Bank for a period of two years.
Reference Number: RSBBLR011
In this position you will be responsible for the collection of relevant data – operational, business, macroeconomic and trade and development of repository of information about trade and markets in Africa. You will also assist in the analysis of data and production of econometric output including graphs for various research and Bank reports, and also assist in the production of research studies and preparation of technical reports for Senior Management. The role also involves supporting the creation of trade-facilitating infrastructure and market intelligence and providing needed assistance to origination Departments.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Supporting the team in its efforts to provide market intelligence and advisory services including, identifying trade opportunities, market access requirements, restrictions, price information, trade and commercial policies, trading environment trends and scenario forecasting and market participants/ market access conditions;
- Providing project management support to the team to ensure timely delivery of consultancy assignments to our clients;
- Supporting the team with the preparation of client pitch documents, standardized slide decks and materials to onboard clients for consultancy mandates;
- Supporting the team with the preparation of business cases and implementation plans to underpin successful delivery of projects;
- Gathering of data and other relevant material for preparation of presentations, financial modeling or any other thought leadership and report writing;
- Supporting the conduct of cutting-edge research in economics, ranging from theoretical methodological issues to applied economics touching on trade development and financial issues covering sectors such as agriculture, manufacturing and services;
- Preparing first daft of literature review to support the conduct of research and other relevant studies;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
- At least a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, or other related fields such as MBA from a recognized University;
- Sound experience and proven track record of at least 5 years preferably in an economic research firm, management consulting firm or financial services industry as a Trade and Development Economist or Management consultant;
- Demonstrated experience in providing clients guidance in various spheres of business, including market expansion strategy, business transformation or restructuring and economic advisory;
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of client pitch documents, development of financial or economic models and preparation of presentations to distill key findings and present solutions to client problems;
- Demonstrated experience in collection, monitoring of large economic and trade data and preparing presentations, insights and thought leadership;
- Ability to analyze and draw inference from the analyses of financial and economic data;
- Good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Good knowledge of relevant statistical and econometric software for analyzing large volumes of data (e.g. SPSS, STATA, Eviews, Mathlab, SAS, MICROFIT, PcGive, etc.);
- Familiarity with major trade database including those of ITC, WTO, UNCTAD, and DOT; and other database such as WDI and IFS;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- This job role is part of the Bank’s Junior Professionals Programme. The purpose is to provide the candidate with an opportunity to acquire further banking, finance and trade development skills in order to contribute impactful diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank and, where relevant, the successful candidate could be considered for a permanent role.
- The candidate should be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December 2020 and ready to commit to the Bank for a period of two years.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo.
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.