The Client is a public-private partnership with three overarching objectives:
1) Enhance Tanzania’s food security and accelerate agricultural transformation and green growth
2) Safeguard that this happens in a sustainable and responsible manner
3) Improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers and their communities.
The partners include government, global business, the Tanzanian private sector, farmers, foundations and donor institutions.
- Assist the Head of Department in partnership development, management and coordination;
- Assist the Head of Department in investor facilitation across the Centre’s portfolio;
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to the Partnership Unit;
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance to the Partnership Unit and relevant partners;
- Respond to specific partner needs and inquires as they may arise;
- Oversee all partner coordination within the Unit and ensure an effective and efficient programme management and implementation;
- Take the lead in a broad spectrum of activities, including strategic and periodic planning & reporting, overall programme execution and evaluation, technical leadership and facilitation of current knowledge sharing; and
- Facilitate partnership portfolio growth as per the SCL strategic plans and ensure SCL partners mix is capable of
contributing to the delivery of the SCL objectives: food security and nutrition, inclusivity and sustainable
investments and growth.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s degree required - in Business Administration, Economics, International Development, Agribusiness, Agriculture, Finance, Innovation and Entrepreneurship or a related field from an accredited university with an excellent academic record;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- A track record of working in developing innovative solutions/partnerships and initiatives;
- Prior experience in partnerships building and management required especially in the private sector;
- At least ten (10) years of professional experience with at least seven (7) years of progressively responsible work experience in partnership management and at least three (3) years in a managerial position; and
- Good knowledge of working with private partners and their good customer care would be an advantage.
- Strong personal communication skills - capacity to listen, analyse, synthesize, present and explain – and ability to build trust with a wide range of local stakeholders including farmers, the private sector, NGO, Donors, Government ministries and LGAs officials;
- Strong leadership, coordination, networking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence outcomes;
- Strong interpersonal skills, which encourages and promotes enthusiasm and team spirit;
- Ability to work independently under pressure and with minimum supervision in a highly dynamic environment and keen to learn new concepts;
- Flexibility and a pro-active attitude to get things done efficiently;
- Good planning and report writing skills;
- High ethical standards; and
- A passion for in-depth knowledge of agriculture and agribusiness development, typically evident in a strong interest and prior exposure to agribusiness sector including public-private investments facilitation;
- Ability to quickly grasp sector fundamentals and to draw on specialist knowledge to gain the trust and confidence of partners and industry stakeholders
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.