CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
This job role is part of the Bank’s Junior Professionals Programme. The purpose is to provide the candidate with an opportunity to acquire further banking, finance and trade development skills in order to contribute impactful diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank and, where relevant, the successful candidate could be considered for a permanent role.
The candidate should be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December 2018 and ready to commit to the Bank for a period of two years.
Reference Number: DVMBLR002
Given the prominent role that the department is meant to play in enabling the Bank advance its goals through various initiatives embarked on in various member countries, the department will require an Associate to:
Reviews and Analysis:
- support the Trade Finance team in executing their day-to-day business development and product structuring activities;
- work with the team and assist to reduce time spent on administrative matters and activities such as managing the Trade Finance Deal Pipeline, client follow ups, preliminary business reviews, preparation of routine reports, and
- provide support in execution of transactions and related activities etc., thus enabling the Trade Finance team to concentrate and focus on strategic and high value tasks of the department which will ultimately lead to the department accomplishing its goals in an efficient and effective manner.
- Preliminary review of all financing and non-financing requests submitted by customers to ensure they meet the Bank’s eligibility criteria.
- Review the financing requests and proposals from potential borrowers and provide an initial assessment of borrower needs, in consultation with the respective Trade Finance manager;
- Carry out initial and basic analysis by calculating relevant financial ratios including, Leverage, profitability, efficiency and cover ratios e.tc;
- Assisting in evaluating the underlying financial assumptions of client’s proposal to ensure they are realistic and reliable;
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements;
- Working out pricing to ensure it meets the Bank’s stipulated hurdle rates as communicated periodically;
- Make business /commercial recommendations on proposals to the Trade Finance Manager or team member following preliminary review.
- Under the supervision of a designated Trade Finance staff, analyse trade finance proposals and develop draft indicative term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s products;
- Develop pre-assessment memos on proposals received from potential borrowers, highlighting key aspects of the transactions and providing sound arguments for the Bank to finance the transaction;
- Prepare and manage Trade Finance transaction pipeline on a timely basis;
- Creating and reporting the department’s management information (MI) for accurate decision making;
- Co-ordination with the Branches for the preparation and timely submissions of Monthly Reports and other ad-hoc reports, to the Director – Trade Finance.
Trade Finance Product Deliverables:
- Assisting with the review, developing and marketing of Business Materials to various target customers of the Bank;
- Advising clients on presentation of their financing proposals and requests to ensure it conforms to the Bank’s requirements;
- Develop, update and manage a database of Trade Finance Intermediaries;
- Coordinating specific publicity and business development events like Conferences, Exhibitions, Road Shows etc, on behalf of Trade Finance, where Afreximbank is participating and which Trade Finance is tasked to lead;
- Undertaking desktop research into business models and new initiatives.
- Assisting the respective Trade Finance Managers in delivering and rolling out specific programmes and product deliverables in line with the Bank’s Strategic Plan. Particularly, to work as a resource in coordinating the implementation of the Afreximbank Correspondent Banking Services Programme (“Africorrbanking”), Factoring, ConTour etc;
- Assist the assigned Trade Finance Manager in developing the product framework, guidelines, requisite documentation and approvals of the programmes;
- Assist in developing the launch of the programmes.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Following up on action tracking logs resulting from internal committee meetings, external meetings and missions for which Trade Finance actions are required;
- Liaise with relevant departments in communicating queries and feedback to clients;
- Supporting the Trade Finance team with administrative services during Road shows, missions and conferences;
- Any other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized University backed by appropriate experience of at least 5 years. An MBA would be accepted in lieu of experience;
- The candidate should be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December 2018 and ready to commit to the Bank for a period of two years;
- Strong ability to research, evaluate business models and analyze financial statements and Information;
- Experience with a leading financial services organisation and familiarity with the trade finance products will be an advantage;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities, including ability to manage work load with limited supervision to attain goals;
- Being able to be multitasked, proactive and able to use initiative appropriately.
- The candidate should be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December 2018 and ready to commit to the Bank for a period of two years.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.