Reference Number: RSB
A well – known consumer finance business is seeking a Group Risk & Compliance Manager to join their team in their Johannesburg office. This role will report to the CFO and will be responsible for the full Risk and Compliance function for the Company and Africa operations; Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Risk and Compliance management frameworks and to continuously manage the risks faced by the Group including compliance by the company and its Africa operations with laws, regulations, rules, standards and codes of conduct applicable to its activities. This includes guidance on risks identified and regulatory advice to management to assist business to achieve its strategic objectives within the relevant regulatory frameworks.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Plans, designs and implements an overall risk management and compliance assurance processes for the Group.
- Assisting management in the identification of risks, assessment and development of controls, reporting and escalating risk matters, adherence to policies, laws, regulations, rules, standards and codes of conduct affecting Group.
- Developing and directing risk and compliance culture and awareness throughout the Group.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for risk and compliance which will include mentoring and coaching of employees.
- Keep abreast of developments by monitoring regulatory and legislative changes and practices of applicable regulatory authorities and industry best practices for the Group.
- Participate in the business understanding of the regulatory environment and the formulation of policy and procedure to ensure the maintenance of regulatory compliance for the Group and its operations.
- Provide input to compliance and risk related policies and manuals.
- Review significant business initiatives (new businesses, products, marketing campaigns and projects) and ensure that material compliance issues are identified and addressed timeously.
- Delivery of well-researched opinions on compliance aspects by analysing and researching issues thoroughly.
- Develop and update risk management plans (including compliance risk) and ensure the control measures adequately manage compliance risks.
- Monitor the control environment to provide assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls mitigating compliance risks.
- Regular interaction and useful compliance monitoring reports to inform business about compliance related matters and to direct corrective measures appropriately.
- Keep track of compliance findings / issues / breaches to ensure action items are completed and closed.
- Assist with resolution of compliance related audit issues
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure that internal control processes and systems are adequate to minimize risks.
- Provide timely and adequate reports to the Executive committee and regulators.
- Ensure follow-up on submission of statutory reports.
- Advise management on compliance related training requirements and assist with development of relevant training content.
- Provide regulatory specific compliance and risk workshops where required.
- Reporting of compliance training statistics where applicable and highlighting any challenges regarding roll-out of training and awareness.
- Maintain register of licenses, regulatory / statutory reporting and commitments made to regulators to ensure follow-up on actions required.
- Keep register of compliance findings, breaches or issues.
- Maintain risk registers.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the CFO.
- LLB or equivalent tertiary qualification in a relevant field, alongside associated risk and compliance management qualifications (CIA and/or CISA qualification will be an added advantage)
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Financial services experience required
- Excellent understanding of Risk & Compliance management methodology including international trends and best practices
- Africa exposure preferred
- Willingness to travel to various Africa operations
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office
- Professionalism in all communication, proficiency in both written and spoken English
- A proactive approach to work
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Experience working independently
- Attention to detail
- Business and finance acumen
- Organizational skills
- Diplomatic and tactful
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.