To develop and implement an integrated strategy for the park’s sustainable development; To ensure the effective operational management of the park; To provide strong leadership to the PMU team; and to represent and promote the company with all stakeholders.
Our client is a non-profit organisation that takes total responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities.
Our client currently manages 12 parks in different African countries
Duties & Responsibilities, KPA:
Objectives within 2 years:
- Develop and execute a park strategy in accordance with the Partnership Agreement (mandate) with the Government and company objectives;
- Develop, revise, and monitor implementation of, a five-year business plan;
- Develop and implement an annual activity plan and budget;
- Develop and implement plans for recovery and sustainable development of the park / protected area.
- Develop and maintain positive community, government (national & local), donor, and other stakeholder relations;
- Ensure financial management processes and fiscal discipline rigorously applied;
- Drive revenue generation through development of sustainable marketing and tourism and other commercial revenue streams;
- Ensure all park activities conducted in accordance with company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s);
- Ensure the park is adequately resourced (financial, people, equipment, etc) to effectively meet its day-to-day operational requirements;
- Promote the development and recruitment of local nationals into the park in accordance with the Partnership Agreement and the needs of the park;
- Build a constituency for conservation;
- Build a strong values-based team culture in the park;
- Provide accurate and meaningful reports to the park Board, Management and other stakeholders as required.
A fully functioning and secure park officially created and managed, with the necessary infrastructure in place or in progress, all departments established, and suitably resourced, good relationships developed with all stakeholders, and successful results with respect to the conservation goals of the park.
Education & Experience Required:
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Tertiary qualification, preferably conservation related, an advantage;
- 10-15 year working experience;
- 5 years’ experience working in similar environments and roles;
- Experience in non-profit organisations an advantage
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments
- Strong commercial skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Project Management skills
- Analytical skills
- Stakeholder relationship management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven team leadership ability
- Results oriented
- Highly resilient
Central African Republic
Regional Operations Manager
Deputy / Assistant Park Manager (if applicable); Field Operations Manager (FOM) – (may be Law Enforcement Head and/or Logistics Manager if no FOM); Tourism & Business Development Manager; Community Development Manager; Special Projects Manager; Financial Manager / Controller (maybe a Financial Accountant where there is a country Snr FC)
Neg. (includes accommodation, 3 flights a year)
employment contracts run for 3 years, with the possibility to renew
Emergency evacuation and hospitalization medical insurance, Group life and disability cover for up to 6X annual salary, Accommodation or housing allowance, 21 days leave (excluding max of 4 travel days) for every 100 days worked, 3 return economy class return flights annually to home country (if expat), Cost of living allowance (if applicable), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Discretionary annual performance based bonus.