Reference Number: DAV01
We are seeking an experienced Oil & Gas Process Engineer to establish and lead the Upstream Process Engineering initiative to support the Sales and Marketing Department in concept selection, and the Process Plant Engineering Department in front end engineering design, detailed design, commissioning and operation support.
The Oil & Gas Process Engineer's primary role is to perform technical studies and provide technical solutions to capital projects and plant operations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Provide expert advice and assistance to organizations, outside vendors, manufacturers and design firms on matters relating to your area of expertise.
- Originate and carry out engineering studies to determine potential problems and remedies to existing problems, resolve complex technical problems, increase revenue, optimize processes, protect the environment, or improve safety.
- Develop and maintain clients Engineering Standards and Design Best Practices, Design Manuals or other documentation to enhance client profitability, safety and productivity.
- Evaluate and introduce best practices and new technologies from all over the world to help clients achieve best-in-class positions in the oil/gas business.
- Review and evaluate the capabilities of vendors and contractors to determine their ability to perform major services to clients.
- Act as the client’s representative in dealings with vendors and manufacturers pertaining to your field of experience.
- Work with, or as a member of, task forces assigned to investigate incidents or solve specific problems.
- Perform cost analysis and value engineering studies as appropriate.
- Undertake special assignments requiring extensive technical experience and discretion when dealing with outside organizations.
- Conduct economic studies and cost analysis of different gas processing systems of both gas plants and associated pipeline systems.
- Develop plans for reviewing and incorporating new technologies within client’s plants.
- Perform multiphase steady state and dynamic flow assurance studies.
- Pipeline surge analyses.
- Conduct simulations studies using process simulation software packages such as Aspen Plus, AFT Fathom/Arrow/Impulse.
- Assess other relevant simulation packages for use that are relevant to the tasks required to fulfil your duties and responsibilities.
- Deliver presentations to an informed audience.
- Promote a learning environment and implement self-development to maintain and improve expert status within your engineering specialty.
- The successful candidate must be in possession of a BSc. Chemical Engineering degree with a minimum of 15 years gas processing engineering experience of which 10 years should be in a contracting environment.
- Professional Registration with ECSA is preferable.
- The successful candidate must understand the fundamentals of unit operation sizing and understand the relevant process safety systems as well as design procedures.
- Experience in multiphase steady state and dynamic flow assurance studies. Pipeline surge analyses. Experience with PIPESIM and OLGA would be an advantage.
- The successful candidate must be capable of producing Process Flow and Instrumentation Diagrams and have experience in Process Simulation Packages (Aspen or PROII), Heat Exchanger Ratings (HTRI), unit operation sizing and safety related system sizing.
- The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- The successful candidate must have successfully performed in the position of lead engineer on at least 3 large projects in the basic and detail engineering phase. The candidate must have participated in commissioning and plant start-up.
- The successful candidate must display understanding of process control systems and be able to propose alternative efficient schemes
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Engineering Team Manager: Contracting
CA Global Headhunters
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.