Reference Number: ZAS
Develop company-wide strategies and implement technical, operational and financial goals for various divisions of the company. Reporting to the Company’s MD and BOD, the COO will focus on developing and executing strategies, business development and oversee the total management of all company sectors including technical, operations, procurement control commercial, personnel and the financial performance of the various divisions within the company.
The key measurable targets will be continual improvement in sales turnover, productivity, profitability, cost reduction, funds management and maximization of human resource utilization. The COO should be responsible for the continual improvement of BALANCE SHEET of the company.
The position will suit a dynamic candidate with a proactive attitude and strong spirit of entrepreneurship and one who will not shy away from facing challenges. He/she will be part of a full comprehensive team with strong development ambitions
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- To provide leadership for day to day management of the company in a structured way.
- To lead and manage cross cultural and cross functional departmental teams within the company including those of the technical, fabrication, projects, assets management , Supply Chain Logistics, procurement , QHSES, commercial and marketing, finance & accounts and the human resource departments
- To coordinate and manage capital resources of affiliates if it comes under the scope of the company’s business activities.
- Manage, lead and oversee all aspects of daily operations and all facets of business/ projects execution including those of maintaining compliance standards, cost effectiveness and time management of projects/ operations within budget
- Communicate regularly with MD & BOD on pertinent financial and project developments.
- Identify viable commercial opportunities for current and future growth.
- Develop and execute business plan for maximizing existing assets utilization.
- Establish ties with local and international companies operating in similar field.
- Capture market intelligence provide key inputs for tenders and pricing.
- Maintain healthy order book.
- Build and maintain key relationships at senior level with target customers, including owners and managers
- Streamline day to day operations of company.
- Ensure the assets are maintained and used in good condition at the optimum cost.
- Ensure all heavy lifting equipment are fully complied with certification and documents.
- Set targets for various production / project activities and monitor the performance.
- Conduct proper assessment and evaluation of production / project performance through the analysis and interpretation of objective and subjective evidence. Assess and manage project risks and opportunities.
- Ensure the optimum labor deployment and supervision in shop floor is done properly for efficient production.
- Ensure adequate raw materials, BOM, spares, lubricants and consumables procurement's are planned and sourced as per production / project execution plan.
- Ensure procurement costs are monitored and within the budgets.
- Ensure cost effective man power deployment and utilization
- Develop the local HR within the Ship building, operation and technical activities of the ship/project operation.
- Ensures specialized manpower are meeting the certification requirements...
- Ensure HR are adhering to rules, regulations, policies of the company and the country where they are working; introduce discipline mechanism at shop floor level.
- Resolves conflicts, confrontations and disagreements in a positive and constructive manner.
- Oversee and ensure all requirements concerning QHSES, compliance with the rules and regulations of the country, insurance and certification complied at company level
- Ability to successfully handle several priorities simultaneously, maintain composure in high pressure situations and maintain objectivity, focus and good judgment
- Has leadership, passion and acumen in the management of cross-cultural people and relationships to solve problems and drive results in the field and office environments.
- Has a proactive can-do attitude in the pursuit of his/her responsibilities.
- In control during the execution of his duties, exudes confidence in his/her own abilities and is committed to develop team members to increase responsibilities and value with experience.
- Minimum Education: Engineering Graduate( Mechanical or Structural) with a strong management background.
- Having an MBA /Diploma in Management / Financial Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in senior management / project management/ overall management of marine engineering or general engineering company handling diversified activities in an ISO 9001 /14001 organization
- In-depth knowledge of all business functions of a company having similar line of business.
- Proven ability to work in a challenging , dynamic and stressful environment
- Experience working in Africa shall be an added advantage.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.