Reference Number: GAS0080
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership for all purchasing, inventory control, warehousing, logistics and shipping activities with focus to control costs while also improving efficiency and accuracy in the management of inventory and the overall supply chain.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Plan, develop, organize direct, manage and evaluate the personnel, operations and budget of the Supply Chain Department
- Lead and manage customer service, purchasing, inventory control, forecasting, warehousing, transportation and other areas as required
- Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the materials management operations.
- Develop and communicate material management policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Understand customers’ needs, service those needs, maintain and develop positive business relationships with customers’ key personnel involved in or directly relevant to supply chain activities.
- Manage vendor performance and relationships.
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior management and decision makers to share information, solve problems and clarify management objectives.
- Oversee company-wide management of the strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting and evaluation of services.
- Manage/coordinate the production planning process, including supply/demand forecasting inventory management and on time delivery.
- Manage and/or execute procurement-related functions (eg develop and implement contract management and procurement frameworks, sourcing strategies, negotiate agreements, draft and manage contracts, etc.)
- Implement and adhere to transaction management best practices.
- Monitor and analyse current trends in the marketplace.
- Direct and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
- Identify and manage risks within the supply chain
- Address tactical and strategic supply chain issues.
- Establish key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance and improve performance against set goals.
- Develop and implement optimization strategies including new systems, best practices, inventory control and demand planning.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Degree in Supply Chain and Logistic Management
- 10 years working experience, mining industry experience advantageous
- Experience in a procurement and Supply Chain Management position
- Proficient in the use of ERP SAP Materials Management
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office package, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Dynamic knowledge and understanding of supply chain, business acumen and the mining environment.
- Exhibit proven negotiation and influencing skills, as well as the ability to identify, recommend and implement cost-effective efficiencies for overall improvement to the operation.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Working experience in required in
- Procurement and Purchasing,
- Inventory Management,
- Vendor and Contract Management,
- Warehouse Management,
- Materials Engineering,
- Logistics including,
- Sea and Air Freight,
- Health and Safety.
- Registered with PSPTB
- Tanzanian National required
- Permanent position
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.