Reference Number: GAS0083
The Superintendent Security Services will be responsible to manage and control the security of the company, its people and assets in a pro-active manner. Focus is on access and egress control, road safety internal investigations and criminal case preparation.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Managing the service delivery standards of the contracted security companies. (Access control, static guarding and Road Safety personnel)
- Proactively monitoring and evaluating internal / external risks and initiate systems, procedures or projects that will secure the company’s assets and people.
- Undertaking strategic evaluations of future developments in security and risk management.
- Managing the emergency call-out centre, reacting to all emergencies and initiating appropriate measures to deal with such situations.
- Managing the entry and exit of people, vehicles and goods from all designated areas.
- Investigating actual and potential criminal transgressions and working with Internal Auditors on specific investigations, finally preparing dockets for prosecution.
- Ensure an understanding of the Security situation in the Communities, specifically how it impacts the company and plan accordingly.
- Conducting operations on roads or follow up on road safety transgressions.
- Initiating and maintaining effective communications with security and law enforcement agencies and participating in collaborative efforts to prevent crime.
- Regularly liaise with peers from neighbouring companies within the area in order to benchmark, assess and compare security situations and measures.
- Ensuring that information on Safety and Security is transmitted across all levels within the organization.
- Preparing and control the section’s annual budget by forecasting operating costs and monitoring expenditure on a monthly basis.
- Managing and controlling all security projects and related budgets.
- Compiling and maintaining detailed records of all general security matters.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Knowledge of the S.A. Criminal Procedure/Legislation
- Well-developed people management skills, and sound communication skills (verbal and written), auditing and investigating skills
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of risk management and associated mitigation techniques
- Knowledge of other applicable legislation and statutory requirements
- Knowledge of security and risk management equipment and technology
- Knowledge of road safety management
- Well-developed financial acumen
- High level of computer literacy, (MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Tertiary qualification in Security and Risk Management or equivalent.
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience within a law enforcement, security or risk environment, depending on the unit of assignment, of which 3 years should have been in a Supervisory role.
- Additional experience in emergency and/or road traffic environment would be advantageous.
- Valid driver’s licence
- Valid fire arm certificate of competency
- Familiarity with mining industry environment will be advantageous.
- PSIRA Grade A certification
- Permanent Position
- Relocation assistance
- Housing allowance
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.