306 2005 MHU
The position is responsible to support planning, implementation and reporting on financial business optimisation and performance by applying the finance lens and deep understanding of business issues and priorities to form a consolidated view of the business. The Management Accountant will report to the Superintendent Management Accounting.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ensuring accurate and timely preparation of all financial and management accounting reports.
- Preparing all necessary preparatory annual planning/budgeting process based on the business planning horizon, and ensuring that the plans appropriately stretched, aligned to the production plans and provide assurance to the Superintendent Management Accounting.
- Preparing rolling forecast covering production volume, revenue, cost, margin and profitability as informed by the monthly forecasting process in place, communicating analysis, drawing insight and highlighting areas where performance targets are not been met.
- Liaising with allocated business area to ensure that the business area is fully engaged and understand its role in regard to plan data submission.
- Compiling plan data which includes a projection of costs, performance as well as delivering an impact analysis on how the market economic drivers will impact the business plans.
- Conducting risk analysis to the business strategic objectives and propose responsive mitigation plans.
- Analysis of divisional and departmental financial performance including working capital, operating costs and profitability.
- Variance and other analyses of performance against plan in order to assist line management with financial control.
- Linking operational performance to financials to provide insight on future refinements required to be incorporated in plans/budget.
- Driving performance of continuous improvement to the Management Information landscape and increase value add to the business.
- Engaging with key stakeholders and assisting in the preparation of financial and operational performance reports, inclusive of all reporting timelines.
- Measuring and providing commentary on forecast variance to facilitate decision making and ensure forecasts remain accurate and robust
- Bachelor of Commerce (with speciality in Management Accounting or Accounting Sciences).
- Honours degree will be advantageous
- CIMA qualification will be advantageous.
- At least 3 years working experience in mining management accounting/accounting environment.
- High-level computer skills, including MS Office, Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of FI and CO module of SAP
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.