Reference Number: LEEACT
Our client within the financial services field is currently searching for a Actuarial Manager with extensive experience in the actuarial healthcare industry and employee benefits.
Experience in medical scheme consulting (pricing, product development and long-term funding valuations), long-service award valuations, embedded value calculations and other actuarial and employee benefits consulting experience will be advantageous.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- IAS 19 post-employment healthcare liability valuations
- Advice and implementation of reduction strategies around post-employment healthcare
- Strategic healthcare market reviews including scheme comparisons as well as benchmarking exercises
- Alignment of actuarial reporting with published ASSA Guidance Notes and other regulatory requirements
- Ad hoc projects including employee benefits consulting queries and on the job troubleshooting
- Involvement with risk management systems and processes of benefit providers
- New business sales tools e.g. scheme performance to demonstrate ongoing strategic management advisory function and medical scheme evaluation
- Healthcare consulting models e.g. pricing and the ability to present management information reports in respect of cost & benefit comparisons with market alternatives
- Responsible for new business and growth of the actuarial portfolio, including tenders and renewals
- Delivery of specialised healthcare consulting models and tools including other technical input
- Managing a team of actuarial analysts coordinating timely delivery of scheme reviews etc.
- Near or fully qualified actuary (FIA/FFA/FASSA/AMASSA) – not negotiable
- B Degree, B.Com. or B.Sc. degree with specialisation in actuarial, mathematical statistics or economics
- Five years post-qualification experience with actuarial or related work experience, preferably in employee benefits (healthcare and/or retirement fund consulting)
- Knowledge and understanding of the South African employee benefits industry
- Understanding of the medical scheme and retirement fund legislation
- Full broker (intermediary) accreditation with the Council for Medical Schemes
- Completed the First Level Regulatory Examination as a Representative and/or Key Individual in Categories I, II, IIA, III and IV.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Lise Kotze
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities. Please note - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all CV's are recorded on our database for other suitable roles.