CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: THJBLR7
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Leading the project initiation process for agreed Strategic Initiatives, including completion of project charters for all projects and obtaining Executive Management sign-off;
- Preparing a policy and procedures document that defines the standards for project management in the Bank and obtain Executive Management sign-off;
- Assist to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project within the scope of the Projects & Initiatives Management Office (PIMO);
- Work closely with Heads of Departments to make sure that the scope and direction of all projects and initiatives are on schedule;
- Working with an agreed training company to implement comprehensive training of selected project managers;
- Supporting the successful delivery of initiatives undertaken by the Bank through effective facilitation, tracking, and reporting;
- Responsible for all the reporting to the Bank’s Project & Initiative Management Office;
- Assisting and advise Project Managers, and other critical stakeholders on the best use of project management disciplines and approaches within a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Deploy best practice project management tools and assist to embed the same within, the departments;
- Providing effective management support to project teams on small to medium sized projects, and assisting Project Managers on streams of other large projects; and
- Undertake all such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Special Assistant to the President on Banking and Strategic Initiatives.
- A first degree and a post graduate degree in Economics, Commerce, Operations Research, Business Administration, Project Management, Engineering or IT;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification;
- At least 5 years’ work experience with at least 3 years in project management and project evaluation. Experience in financial and investment appraisals will be an added advantage;
- Experience with project appraisals; investment analysis; risk analysis;
- Experience in investment analysis (technical) and decision making in a multicultural organization;
- Demonstrated ability to deal with diverse clientele and situations as well as the ability to resolve problems using sound judgment;
- Good command of project modeling, operations research, strong project evaluation, project management and financial analysis skills;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change-oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa;
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic, and Portuguese);
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and the ability to build and manage senior-level interactions with a range of external stakeholders up to executive level;
- Ability to propose innovative solutions to complex problems which have a significant impact on the function or wider business;
- Possesses the highest personal and professional integrity; and
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required to achieve the Bank's objectives.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Senior Recruitment Consultant
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Lise Kotze
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.