314 1806 MHU
This is a two-fold role titled as Head of Development Assets (“DA”) and Business Improvement (“BI”). The successful candidate will report directly in to the CEO for Africa. The successful candidate will be required to manage the DA’s operations across various countries of operations (including South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mali, Namibia). The successful candidate will also guide business improvement initiatives in their operations in DRC, Zambia and Mozambique to deliver on operations and specific mandates whilst providing neutral advice to the CEO on operations and projects progress and improvements that can be delivered based on benchmarks or best practice.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Development Assets: Oversee the management of the Development Assets in relation to operational, technical and corporate restructuring functions.
- Guide due-diligence processes, oversee preparation of information materials for partners and investors to maximize value for shareholders.
- Implement Business Improvement and Operations support activities with respect to Development Assets
- Business Improvement and Operations Support: Implement strategic initiatives to increase and enhance the value of Africa Ops to internal shareholders and external partners and funders
- Be responsible for all Africa related BI initiatives and integration with Centre of Excellence within the Group
- Identify initiatives aimed at performance improvement in terms of cost reduction, volume expansion or replacement, revenue increase through price increase, and product portfolio improvement, or reduction of capital employed or working capital
- Oversee the analysis of historic and current business, operations, and projects performance data considering internal and external performance standards in terms of cost and productivity
- Oversee the follow-up with initiative owners (Technical teams and other relevant stakeholders) and challenge the workplan/progress and implementation of improvement initiatives according to agreed schedule and budget, where initiatives are fully implemented, facilitate and oversee the tracking of the impact against estimates
- Identify, prioritize and support the crafting of key initiatives for Africa CEO
- Serve as a Centre of excellence and innovation for the Africa business by keeping abreast with best practices
- Manage and facilitate the documentation related to specific improvement initiatives (business case analysis, milestone definition) through engagement with initiative owners (e.g. Mining Manager, Plant Manager)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Undergraduate and Masters’ Degree/Professional Qualifications (PR Eng., CA, CFA, etc.)
- Project Management Experience of more than 3 years (PMBOK or Prince2 certification)
- At least 5 years’ experience in Strategy and Operations consulting at a major consulting firm (McKinsey, Bain, BCG, AT Kearney, Deloitte Strategy and Innovation team etc.)
- Ability to network, maintain and manage relationships at a C-suite level
- Financial and investment appraisal capabilities across a variety of project and initiative types
- New project development (concept to execution) including experience in working with internal funders
- Senior level communication and influencing skills and techniques at an ExCom level
- Permanent role
- Will involve occasional travel
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.