CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LIPBLR30
- Acting as a first point of contact for the MD’s Office and dealing expeditiously with correspondence, visitors and phone calls as well as managing a very active diary;
- Provides administrative support to the MD as well as to the Committees chaired by the MD as instructed by the MD;
- promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously receive all enquiries on behalf of the MD’s office and records and relays messages as may be required;
- liaise with relevant departments to communicate and feedback to queries and requests as required from MD’s office;
- Following up on action-tracking logs resulting from internal meetings, external meetings and missions for which actions are required;
- coordinate logistics and activities for the MD as well as for external visitors to the office of the MD; and
- manage all correspondences to and from the MD including drafting of official letters, advising the MD of incoming communication and preparing the appropriate responses as may be advised by the MD including filing in the required manner for ease of accessibility while protecting the confidentiality of information.
Research & Analysis:
- Prepare and manage Intra-African trade transaction pipeline reports on a timely basis;
- Creating and reporting the department’s management information (MI) for accurate decision-making;
- Responsible for the preparation and timely submissions of Monthly Reports and other ad-hoc reports for IATI; and
- Receive and record all intra-African trade finance proposals, pre-assessment memos and draft indicative term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s products and present them to MD IATI after ensuring that all required information is captured adequately.
Business Development Support:
- Preliminary preparation and review of all official documentation required for the MD IATI’s office including financing and non-financing requests submitted by customers and partners for purposes of meetings, presentations, conferences etc.
- Assist the MD IATI in researching for and preparing required documentation for policy advocacy and government relations, including relationships with Regional Economic Communities;
- Assist the MD IATI in researching for and preparing required documentation for resource mobilization for major regional infrastructure projects, including convening conferences;
- Assisting the MD IATI in evaluating and making first level response to client requests and proposals to ensure that they are timely and passed on to the relevant team members to handle; and
- Make business /commercial recommendations on proposals to team members following preliminary review.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Coordinating specific publicity and business development events like Conferences, Exhibitions, Road Shows, etc., on behalf of the MD IATI’s office, where Afreximbank is participating and is tasked to lead;
- Prepare draft presentations as required for the MD’s missions/meetings;
- Undertaking desktop research into business models and new initiatives;
- Develop, update and manage a database of Intra-African Trade Finance Intermediaries;
- Assisting with the review, developing and marketing of Business Materials to various target customers of the Bank;
- Advising clients on presentation of their financing proposals and requests to ensure it conforms to the Bank’s requirements;
- Provide support to the MD IATI in managing an efficient Intra-African Trade Information and Export Advisory Services; and
- Provide support to the MD IATI in managing all intra-African trade customer relations, originating and on-boarding clients
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant post graduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized University backed by appropriate experience of at least 7 years;
- Strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and ability to provide seamless day to day Administrative support;
- Excellent computer skills including the full suite of MS Office;
- Ability to research, evaluate business models and analyse financial statements and Information;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities, including ability to manage work load with limited supervision to attain goals;
- Being able to multitask, proactive and able to use initiative appropriately;
- High level of integrity and confidentiality; and
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank mandate.
- Permanent role
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply