CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: MRBLR02
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Supporting the coordination of the Bank’s internal and external legal capacities in the performance of its legal function and working with internal legal staff and external parties as approved by Management;
- Preparation of a variety of legal documentation including transaction documentation designed to protect the interests of the Bank as lender, borrower, co-lender, service user or provider and in a wide range of other capacities;
- Negotiation of legal documents with the Bank’s legal counter-parties and under the guidance of Management;
- Providing legal advice to management and staff in all areas of the Bank’s activities and proffering solutions to legal problems, constraints, risks, options, consequences and approaches;
- Review legal documentation prepared for the Bank or arising from the work of the Bank;
- Representing the Bank internally and externally in negotiation, disputes, consultations and other proceedings that require legal representation;
- Participation in legal aspects of the Bank’s business and lending as well as borrowing operations including loan administration and various committees as management may specify; and
- Any other duties as assigned by senior management.
- A degree in Law with excellent academics and a relevant post-graduate degree from a Recognised University; French law or similar civil law qualifications and experience will be required for this role;
- Diploma in Legal practice from a Recognised school will be an advantage;
- Professional legal practice and experience of not less than 8 years, with particular emphasis on the financial services industry is essential. Experience in handling documentation of trade finance transactions will be an advantage;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to present legal advice on various management issues to the Bank's senior management and the Board;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese);
- Strong skills in drafting a variety of legal documents and communicating complex issues clearly and concisely;
- Strong banking and finance law fundamentals are essential;
- Extensive experience of advising on all legal aspects of structuring, drafting and executing cross border finance transactions;
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with quick turnaround expectations;
- Negotiating skills and capacity to work with other professionals including non-legal professionals to develop innovative solutions;
- Willingness to assume multiple roles and tasks to meet changing business needs with ability to foresee, troubleshoot and effectively resolve conflicting issues and challenges; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply