- Conduct industry and market research
- Conduct pricing analysis, including primary and secondary market pricing; prepare regular pricing reports for syndicated deals in various regional markets
- Undertake research and analysis on prospective transactions, clients, companies and industries to identify financial trends and potential deals.
- Assist with all due diligence related activities as required.
- Proactively works with senior Syndications staff to syndicate loans and/or manage syndicated loans Assist with development of pitch book, presentations and proposals to potential clients for syndicated Mandated Lead Arranger (MLA) roles.
- Assist with preparation of syndication materials including, Mandate letter, Teasers and Project Information Memorandum
- Assist with conducting deal specific market soundings and development of lists of prospective banks for syndications
- Assisting and managing transaction-related Q&A/due diligence questions from investors/lenders Assist with negotiating commercial and legal agreements on loans
- Setting up, managing and maintaining data sites for syndicated transactions
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with counterparts in investment departments, treasury department, legal, financial operations, and/or trust funds and with investors
- Maintain database of pipeline deals and syndication loan portfolio
- Interfacing with lender's counsel and consultants for syndication-related matters
Deal Origination, Appraisal and Execution Support
- Developing and/or interpreting financial models, including conducting of the relevant financial analysis and risk assessment on projects being contemplated.
Market Intelligence and specialist knowledge
- Assist with conducting the due diligence/KYC and credit checks on prospective counterparties and/or projects.
- Review company, economic and financial information for new transactions.
- Assist with the preparation of transactions related documents including Mandate letters, Investment Memoranda, engagement letters, proposals, term sheets etc.) for Syndication transactions being contemplated.
- Assist with evaluation of the feasibility of projects including the ability to construct and evaluate detailed project-finance type, cash flow projections using excel
- Provide support to the remainder of the team as required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Develop and regularly update the syndication unit’s pitch book/ brochure
- Keep abreast of external trends and developments relating to syndication loans and Debt Capital Market.
- Develop a quarterly bulletin as a means of keeping the organization aware/ informed of the external market trends and the syndication unit activities.
- Provide support during all phases of developing new syndication product(s) and other new debt mobilization initiatives.
- A strong first degree in business, finance, engineering or economics from a recognised university.
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Investment or a related field of study is an added advantage.
- Relevant finance-related certification(s) is/are an added advantage.
- 3 years of work experience with at least 2 years of experience in loan syndication, direct investment or financial advisory functions preferably with a leading international bank or similar development/international financial institution.
- Relevant certifications related to finance is an added advantage.
- Solid communication and writing skills with fluency in English. French is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel “out-of-station” with minimal prior notice.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’ and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.