Reference Number: RSB
A leading Commercial bank in Mauritius is looking to hire a Head of Technology & Digital to be based at their Head office in Port Louis. The position will be directly responsible for the bank’s IT Infrastructure, Business Intelligence, Development, Data Management and User Support teams. Working with the Executive Leadership team and business unit heads, the candidate will define and implement strategies that ensure that the firm’s technology and systems are able to support our business objectives.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of all business units.
- Develop, track, and manage the IT annual operating budget.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of customer service to end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Communicating and advocating technology strategy to stakeholders including Board members, Executive team, stakeholders and staff.
- Establishing and directing the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the technology team.
- Identifying opportunities, monitoring emerging technologies, their implications, and potential application to Standard's business, and keep the Executive team apprised of these developments.
- Overall ownership of system architecture, team processes and the execution and delivery of technical solutions;
- Ensuring satisfactory security and backup of all data and infrastructure resources.
- Designing, developing, and auditing disaster recovery plans for all systems.
- Manage and measure vendor relationships and performance as well as lead vendor contract negotiations;
- Understanding industry standards and the regulatory landscape as it relates to technology, to ensure ongoing compliance and controls.
- Define and deliver customer centric technology architecture;
- Deliver Digital capabilities based on customer need analysis.
- Implementing relevant, reliable, innovative, cost effective and customer focused technology solutions to support bank’s Strategic Plan.
- Developing appropriately scoped business cases and manage technology projects to scope, budget and time constraints;
- Overall ownership and accountability of budgeting, financial planning and controls for technology projects and initiatives
- Providing consistent vision, motivation and leadership to the technology team.
- Building, organizing and managing the technology team consistent with the values, desired culture and evolving needs of the Bank.
- Building and maintaining a high-performance and customer focused team.
- Establishing a strong leadership presence with high motivation to meet personal, team and corporate goals;
- Creating an environment that enables and facilitates the growth of individual contributors within the team and wider business.
- Instil and act with accordance to the Bank’s vision, mission and values and deliver actions that positively contribute to the company’s culture.
- Comply with all statutory regulations;
- Undertake any other duties, accountabilities and responsibilities as may be required.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science/Information System, programming, or a related field is the minimum requirement for this position with additional qualifications/certifications in related field.
- Master’s in Technology will be a definite advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years technology experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years senior management experience in a technology environment.
- Experience in working in multi-vendor environment.
- Experience of a mid-size bank with recent technology transformation will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a challenging entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven track record at a senior level using technology to solve business problems and create opportunities preferably in a consumer-oriented business with multiple stakeholders.
- Expertise in current and emerging Banking and digital platforms.
- Top-level communication, leadership, and flexibility skills will be needed.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.